I've had a feeling for a while now...

Guest DeclarationOfWar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying he is the most important musical artist this century isn't the most ludicrous thing i've ever read, thats tame compared to some of the shit spouted on these boards. People who dismiss that i'm not totally sure understand the cultural importance of Jay-Z and everything he embodies.

I personally thought his '08 set was epic, and I wasn't a fan of his before, but everybody who i know who was there felt something important happened that night. Yeah sure, he was a hip hop artist headlining glasto, but I don't think that was the most important thing that night. It was the people of Glastonbury showing Jay-Z and the world that the bad press and the naysayers weren't speaking for them, that the people of Glastonbury are open minded and accepting of all forms of music, and that he was more than welcome at our festival. There was a lot of love in the field that night.

Just been watching this again on youtube and got to say it was an awesome performance. Just a shame Massive Attack was on at the same time or I would've loved that.

I'd be well up for him coming back and would definately make the effort to go see him. I reckon it might be a little too soon to do it, though a suprise slot or guest appearance wouldn't be far off.