JAY-Z

Guest danny12345

I really can't see V missing out on the chance to book Jay-Z in the peak of his popularity. I can see him playing underneath Kings Of Leon with Stereophonics headlining the second stage.

Looking at V's track record for booking 'bands of the moment' i really cannot see Jay-Z not being a part of it

Any thoughts?? :P

Sorry to make another 1 artist/Jay-Z thread but couldn't see one to add to on the first page...

Edited by danny12345

Hmmm well I'm not into Jay-Z and not overly keen on him being there, but he does sell and does produce good music with obvious talent for not just rhythm but identifying other talented musicians to collaborate with, its just not my style of music.

However saying live music should be live and not computerised beats - one of the better live acts is Muse and Matt Belamy uses a hell of a lot of effects - granted he controls most from his guitar but they are pre-programmed and in some cases chucked into an effects loop (so pre-recorded).

Otherwise you wouldn't be able to recognise half the tunes.

Not trying to defend Lippy (he's quite capable himself) but dismissing a song because it isn't 'live' enough for you is not arguing from a position of strength - even Newtwon Faulkner who supplies his own live precussion stomps on an effects pedal every now and then to produce some weird pre-recorded noise (UFO)!

Also if he's live enough for Jools Holland who are we to argue.

I think a guy who is willing to play underneath Coldplay on a tour would accept a sub-headlining slot at a festival! :P

I see what you mean musically about it not making sense him playing under KoL but it does happen... Dido before Muse '04, Franz Ferdinand before Scissor Sisters '05, Faithless before Morrisey, etc.

I was just replying to the original post that said Jay-Z playing underneath KoL didnt make sense. I was giving examples where headliners are supported by acts of a different genre... maybe that wasn't what was meant by the original post. If it was then "urm," all my examples are right flash c**t

flash c**t? put your dummy back in you cretin. You replied to a post about Jay-Z being bigger than Kol, and in that case your examples ARE wrong, none of the sub-headlners you mentioned deserved to headline instead of the other band. But what you say about it not making sense musically, music festivals cater for all different music tastes and have all sorts of genres, they just simply put the biggest band at the top, see its that simple!
Edited by danny12345