what smaller bands would you like to see ?

Guest kyle s

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alestorm (Just so i can dress as a pirate and piss off the fancy dress nazis)

Rise Against

Steel Panther

Incubus (though not that small i admit)

Dropkick Murphys

Alice in Chains

Airbourne

Bad Religion

Sublime with Rome

Cypress Hill

Slash's Solo Project

Edited by Spengs Muck

Evile just got confirmed for Hellfest. Could this finally be the year they play Download? I sure hope so!

Gallows

The Ghost Of A Thousand

The King Blues

Sonic Boom Six

AFI (FOLLLOW! SWALLOW! lol that would be a moment 4 the "scew your Emo tag and your purism" types :P )

Twin Atlantic

Attack! Attack!

Attack Attack! (different band, the first is a British "Popcore", if you will band, and the second is an American Techno\Metal crossover band)

Rolo Tomassi

Edited by tweemo freak

Nova Rock just had an update [its the same weekend as Download]

It now looks like this, what camn download steal from this?

Rammstein, Heaven And Hell, Green Day, Stone Temple Pilots, Slayer, The Prodigy, Deftones, Sportfreunde Stiller (Unplugged), Bullet For My Valentine, The Hives, Alice In Chains, Stone Sour, Amon Amarth, Subway to Sally, Bela B., 36 Crazyfists, Beatsteaks, Flyleaf, Hot Water Music, Wolfmother, Ska-P, Airbourne, A Day To Remember, The Dillinger Escape Plan, As I Lay Dying, Unearth, Deichkind, Job For A Cowboy, Heaven Shall Burn, Russkaja, Red Lights Flash, Skindred, The Sorrow

http://www.novarock.at/

Rammstein, Heaven And Hell, Green Day, Stone Temple Pilots, Slayer, The Prodigy, Deftones, Sportfreunde Stiller (Unplugged), Bullet For My Valentine, The Hives, Alice In Chains, Stone Sour, Amon Amarth, Subway to Sally, Bela B., 36 Crazyfists, Beatsteaks, Flyleaf, Hot Water Music, Wolfmother, Ska-P, Airbourne, A Day To Remember, The Dillinger Escape Plan, As I Lay Dying, Unearth, Deichkind, Job For A Cowboy, Heaven Shall Burn, Russkaja, Red Lights Flash, Skindred, The Sorrow

Edited by r0w

Can see 36 crazyfists playing Download from that list

Also an interesting point is Wolfmother are high on that bill and seem to be on all their euro fests so its looking very likely they're gunna be third at download on main stage, which is a shame, I don't think they're anywhere near that big myself

deftones seem pretty low on their bill though, im really hoping they aren't subbing RATM at Download, they just aren't that big!

Can see 36 crazyfists playing Download from that list

Also an interesting point is Wolfmother are high on that bill and seem to be on all their euro fests so its looking very likely they're gunna be third at download on main stage, which is a shame, I don't think they're anywhere near that big myself

deftones seem pretty low on their bill though, im really hoping they aren't subbing RATM at Download, they just aren't that big!

I dont think wolfmother will be 3rd up at download - sizes of bands varys from country to country. At Nova Rock last year as i say Faith No More played as 2nd stage support act (headlined Download) and Placebo were the Saturday Main Stage Headliner (whilst at Reading they played 3rd top)...and lookin at this years Nova Rock im pretty sure Beatsteaks are headlining and who the flying f**k are Beatsteaks??

I think Wolfmother will be pushed down to 5th at Dwonload and Deftones may drop to 3rd maybe even 4th

I hope you're right but I doubt it, Andy even said himself on twitter look at the way the line up is set out, doesn't that look incredible or something slong those lines, worried we aren't getting anymore big acts. Those headliners must have cost a shit load.

To be honest id be happy, I just want Rob Zombie to be involved too!

I hope you're right but I doubt it, Andy even said himself on twitter look at the way the line up is set out, doesn't that look incredible or something slong those lines, worried we aren't getting anymore big acts. Those headliners must have cost a shit load.

To be honest id be happy, I just want Rob Zombie to be involved too!

Edited by r0w

Just reading some of Andy's twitter and he rules out Twisted Sister saying they wanted too much money, he's shocked Bloodstock can afford them

He kinda hints at Saxon as he says they were awesome in 08.

And when asked about Judas Priest he says he was disappointed with them last time they played he says they could and should have been better, so Im guessing we won't be seeing them booked

Edited by luckysalt

nah i guarentee im right on this one - yeh the poster is layed out in days but he's not gona leave massive spaces where future bands could slot in - would look crap and a rather odd poster. I dont think RATM would of cost that much for a headliner but ACDC & Aerosmith may have cost a bit more than previous headliners, but theres 30/40,000 extra tickets plus about £10 hike in ticket prices so think how much extra money that wud of brought in, that would be more than enuf to cover for ACDC & Aerosmith. Also if u think all the sub spots and 2nd stage headlining slots and a couple of the 3rd slots are taken, that will pretty much mean that all future announcements will be near enuf sh*t. He's not gona blow all his big bands in the first 2 announcements, there will be a few big acts kept back for the future announcemets. Not only this big bands are looking at this festival just like all festival goers and are prob like 'wow 30th anniversary look at that immense lineup, we wana play there' so i bet AC is recieving offers from big acts to play this year as theres gona be a lot of exposure.

If Wolfmother play 3rd top I will literally attempt to lick my own balls. 2007 was their peak and now nobody cares about them now (apart from Austrians, but they think 'Placebo' are legendary so they dont count) - they are gash