Vango Teepee

Guest punkincowcat

I would very much like to use a vango teepee at festivals this summer. I have never used one before and wondered if anyone out there had any previous experience of using one? There will just be two of us so;

which size would be best?

are they waterproof?

and are they likely to fall down with the wind/guy ropes being pulled out?

I would like to thank you very much in advance for any replies :P

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog...igwam_Tent.html

Don't do it.

Single skin tent = Lots of condensation in the morning. You will get soaked.

On top of that you have the only pole keeping the tent up right in the centre (they don't show you that in the picture, they have cunningly shown you a bad angle). You roll over in the night and knock it down thats the tent on your head !

If you want something easy to pitch and cheap go for the quechua pop-ups.

Don't get a cheaper imitation pop-up if it only has a single skin. (I.E Don't get Gelert quickpitch)

Go to this link below:

http://seconds.quechua.com/index.php5?lg=EN#/produit/8/

Edited by JodiB

My girlfriend and I bought the Vango 800 8 man teepee for the festivals last year. It was £100 exactly and I would say worth double that. I had reservations as to its performance at Glastonbury but it was excellent.

Even with the rain and the wind it held out fine and kept us both dry, I am 6'2" and I love being able to stand up when I get dressed in the morning.

The 8 man is probably a bit excessive however there is so much room to organise everything with a double air mattress, places to hang wet clothes, and even a little food/drinks area. It was also good for getting everyone in when it was raining.

It is so quick to put up/take down and light as well. I then took it on countless jobs (I work in the events industry) when I was at Camp Bestival it was chucking it down and again the tepee was excellent.

I would highly recommend getting one. (And no I don't work for Vango)

Cheers

Edited by chubbyhamster61

I was in a single skin TP in 2008 and it was OK. Condensation was a bit of an issue but not too bad. It was windy and there was rain but obviously not as bad as previous years. I think it all depends how bad it will be. Think you'll be ok in moderate weather but I was quite glad it stopped raining when it did.