Hard Rock Calling 2010

Guest chris1983

Just out of curiousity, with all these Pixies rumours, is there some truth in it or is it merely gossip?

Hopefully there is some truth in it, but I'm just wondering.

Also, I'm amazed that there hasn't been any communication from HRC. Even if they were in talks or talks stalled or broke down with a band, you'd think they would at least release a statement informing fans that discussions are under way. There has just been nothing from them and I'm beginning to wonder if it is HRC who have messed up as opposed to it being anything to do with bands stalling etc.

Maybe HRC spent all their budget on Pearl Jam, Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney! They won't have been cheap!

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiousity, with all these Pixies rumours, is there some truth in it or is it merely gossip?

Hopefully there is some truth in it, but I'm just wondering.

Also, I'm amazed that there hasn't been any communication from HRC. Even if they were in talks or talks stalled or broke down with a band, you'd think they would at least release a statement informing fans that discussions are under way. There has just been nothing from them and I'm beginning to wonder if it is HRC who have messed up as opposed to it being anything to do with bands stalling etc.

Maybe HRC spent all their budget on Pearl Jam, Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney! They won't have been cheap!

Got a theory why the line up not annouced. This week Paul did a big interview on Absoloute ''Radio, the sane day annoucement was due. So what if his production company MPL had the main support act for his uk concerts and HRC to do the anouncement, as well as promotional stuff for Hard Rock Cafe but pulled out cause of volcano. So MPL/Live Natioin are Rescheduleing the Anoucement, but can't say when as the act is trying to fit it in.

I love how the volcano popped up in the story.

I'm coming from abroad to see McCartney but wtf are they up to? Come on, rest of the line up please.

Keane has been mentionned. Unlike many, i'd quite like to see them (they really are a fantastic live band). But, three gigs in a row would be a lot. And they'd probably rather go to Glastonbury or something. Still, they would fit.

From Facebook

We know you are all eager to hear our next announcement, so apologies to all who were waiting patiently last week for some news (it has been a little longer than we initially stated). We can finally confirm our next instalment of acts for 2010 will be revealed at 9am tomorrow morning (Wednesday 5th May). Patience is virtue.

Tomorrow morning it is then

From Facebook

We know you are all eager to hear our next announcement, so apologies to all who were waiting patiently last week for some news (it has been a little longer than we initially stated). We can finally confirm our next instalment of acts for 2010 will be revealed at 9am tomorrow morning (Wednesday 5th May). Patience is virtue.

Tomorrow morning it is then

What i meant to say was, what if some international star like David grohl for example, was due to make a uk media apearence last thursday to promote/annouce hardrock calling sunday line up including hardrock cafe vist calling but could not make it due to Ash Cloud.
Edited by ride111

Woohoo! I'm so excited for this!

PLEASE let it be someone good! PLEASE! It's possibly McCartney's last ever tour date (if you believe some rumours!) so it HAS to be epic.

I'd love JOHN FOGERTY, Crowded House, Pixies, Them Crooked Vultures, Willie Nelson - and those are just the feasible "already on tour" ones, don't get me started on the ultimate wishlist...

I'd love JOHN FOGERTY [YES!], Crowded House, Pixies [YES!], Them Crooked Vultures[YES - though Foo's would be better :P], Willie Nelson - and those are just the feasible "already on tour" ones, don't get me started on the ultimate wishlist...
Edited by ride111

I'm amazed efestivals hasn't got any more rumours for HRC either. HRC must have secured the annoucement this morning, then straight away released the press statement on Facebook/ Twitter.

Still, now that we know when the announcement is, let's get excited and build our hopes up. Let's try and predict (within reason) who we think could be announced...

John Fogerty, Pixies, James would all be good for me, though I would like another superstar to be announced too (I can dream!)!

What about Jackson Browne for the Friday? He's free that day and could headline Pepsi Max Stage...

Oh god it's Keane on the Sunday :'( [New album + 27th free...]

Mr. Dylan has the 27th free :P:P