Blink 182 - 2010 UK+Europe Tour Confirmed!

Guest adamh91

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's greenday, blink, offspring, weezer, sum 41, jimmy eat world, nfg, ffaf, reel big fish and someone like spunge and frank turner to start the day. :P

hell yes please!!

All we need now is a day that has skunk anansie, the wildhearts, terrorvision, therapy? and 3 colours red on one stage (NME vs shitty average drivel that invariably will take up on day) and TCV headlining the other and we're sorted!

I mite even consider a weekend one for that!!! Hahah.

Edited by revert

Try

Green Day

Blink-182

The Offspring

Weezer

Sum 41

Jimmy Eat World

Alkaline Trio

Bowling For Soup

Taking Back Sunday

The Living End

I'd kill for that.

So that's greenday, blink, offspring, weezer, sum 41, jimmy eat world, nfg, ffaf, reel big fish and someone like spunge and frank turner to start the day. :P

hell yes please!!

All we need now is a day that has skunk anansie, the wildhearts, terrorvision, therapy? and 3 colours red on one stage (NME vs shitty average drivel that invariably will take up on day) and TCV headlining the other and we're sorted!

I mite even consider a weekend one for that!!! Hahah.

• 1 month later...
I wouldn't say that. I think it's quite a unique vocal style he's (Delonge) got, and I think it works with their songs. You could argue that other bands have "awful" singers - NOFX's Eric Melvin and Rancid's Matt Freeman being two that spring to mind - but it lends to their style. The same can be said for Delonge and Blink. It's what sets them apart from the pack.

The main difference is on Rancid's albums, Tim Armstrong sounds as dreadful as he does live. It's all part of their appeal, not technically great but at least they're consistent. Blink sound decent on record but shite live.
Edited by Lithium05

I always thought the vocals didnt really matter with blink, cause they were the most fun live band by a mile. I mean it was 2 hours of pure immaturity, but i think with bands like KOL, crying about being the biggest band in the world at the minute, it always makes a refreshing change. However, with the new, ultra-serious Tom Delonge, im kind of worried about it.

I always thought the vocals didnt really matter with blink, cause they were the most fun live band by a mile. I mean it was 2 hours of pure immaturity, but i think with bands like KOL, crying about being the biggest band in the world at the minute, it always makes a refreshing change. However, with the new, ultra-serious Tom Delonge, im kind of worried about it.
Edited by Lithium05

Indeed, I'm all for a band having fun with what they do rather than being a bunch of miserable c*nts like KOL.

Also, from what I've read the reports of an "ultra-serious" Tom Delonge have been greatly exaggerated.

Edit: To quote Bowling for Soup - "I think Rock and Roll is really funny when it's serious"

Edited by tomdsjames