Stuck in the Car park record? Mine was...

Guest redeyerat

West 1 - got to car monday morning at 10:30 and was out of car park at 3:30! Complete joke.

Someone mentioned car park stewards... you really wouldn't think they actually have any. Seriously, they could organise it so much better but instead they have like 2 or 3 stewards by the road exit then allow a free-for-all in the actual car park area... what is the point.

As another thread has already described, it just strikes me as another area where V fest organisation is seriously lacking in comparison to many other festivals.

(Leaving Glastonbury this year after Blur took us half hour, not because it was particularly quiet in the car park but because the stewards were in the right place doing the right thing!)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must have the record! Were camping in Gold and were back at the car in South Park 2 for 9.30am. We got out at 3.00pm - a mere 5 and a half hours later!

Great Weekend though - the car park fiasco was worth it - we all had a much needed power nap! :ph34r:

We were in West 2 (i think?) at 11.30am (after the treck from green all around the arena - why not let people go through the arena as well?!) - saw one exit being closed by the 'steward', got told to go to the other end of the field, which took more than an hour, then another hour in West 3 next door, finally got onto a proper road at sometime after 2. They might as well put the sheep in high vis for the amount of use the 'stewards' were.

Yes complete madness!! We were in South 2, got to the car at 11am and moved 20 meters in 3 and a half hours! Even managed to have a little sleep whilst in the drivers seat and still no movement! Surely instead of emptying one car park, then another, they would do better to control it properly?! Although passing the morons in orange on the way out, they were too busy texting to notice the millions of disgruntled campers!!!! ;)

However, this did not spoil the bestest weekend EVER!!!!! :P

...from sitting in my car at 10:45, to pulling onto the main road 3hrs and 45mins later... ;)

That was from West parking 1 after camping in orange...and wasn't that walk fun. I mean seriously, can they not get car parks closer to the campsites! I saw far too many people losing the will to live on that walk. Looked like a biblical disaster at times!

Felt sorry for the poor folks in West parking 2, 3 + 4. That must have been a CRAZY bad walk.

Yes complete madness!! We were in South 2, got to the car at 11am and moved 20 meters in 3 and a half hours! Even managed to have a little sleep whilst in the drivers seat and still no movement! Surely instead of emptying one car park, then another, they would do better to control it properly?! Although passing the morons in orange on the way out, they were too busy texting to notice the millions of disgruntled campers!!!! :P

However, this did not spoil the bestest weekend EVER!!!!! ;)

Remember people it doesn't matter where you're parked its all about what time you leave the site! If you don't want to get stuck then leave early or sit tight, some of you seem to make the same mistakes year in year out. Leave the stewards alone, you know exactly what they're like and don't blame what is basically your incompetence on them!Do your homework!!!!80,000 people on a monday morning joining an A road what do we expect? :P

when we got there we were parked in south 3, but on my way to use the toilets in south 1 ( why have all the toilets in the camp site in on huge lump next to the bloody exit? it was miles) noticed there were spaces.

Moved the car into south 1. Then monday morning moved the car as near to the entrance to the car park as I could. Easy walk with the stuff and at the car about 7 am. About 30 minutes to get off site.

We were in yellow, woke up at 5.30am, packed up, out of the car park(west ?) by 7.00am, home by 9.30 am. Have learnt over the years - the earlier the better!! or leave it to the last minute. I can't even feel guilty as last year we were in south carpark, camped in gold and was stuck in fu****g gridlock for 8 hours, even though we reached our car by 7.45am, because I've read many times the stewards had been paid on sunday and most of them pi**ed off home :D

Edited by wave

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
i went on the train on friday morning, and left at 8am sunday morning, and it was a breeze.

i expected the trains to be delayed and packed with festival-goers but there wasnt that many around, before or after V!

the shuttle bus service from Stafford station to V was brilliant, only took about 30 minutes.

the train fair was £50 (less than it would have cost in fuel) and now i've done it by train and seen how much better it is, i will never drive to V again.

• 2 weeks later...