Oasis Cancellation - should you get a refund?

Guest godders1966

The headline act on the main stage pulls out at the last minute and they don't get a replacement act.

I'm sure oasis will not be paid their huge fee (rumoured to be about half a million £ per show) for not appearing so it's clear profit for the orgainsers. Surely the fans that missed out should be entitled to some some of refund.

I saw them at Weston Park on the Saturday and their crowd was huge. The biggest i've seen for a headline act at V, so I'm assuming there was alot wanted to see them at Chelmsford too. But to be fair Keane, MGMT and British Sea Power weren't much of an impressive alternative.

Was there any mention of a refund? I'm sure there should be one.

if you read your terms and conditions on your ticket, it foes say a refund will not be given for band pull outs. these things happen at times and cant be helped, although I owuld be mortified if radiohead pulled out of leeds.

I can't really see how they would get a replacement act that quickly to be honest.

Well done to Snow Patrol as well who sounded like they managed to put on a very good show due to the circumstances.

There was no chance of a replacement at that late stage so there's very little (if anything) V can do about it. I think day tickets should be entitled to a refund if they were informed on the gate and decided not to attend. Outside of that, there's no chance. T's & C's will say lineup subject to change or some such, absolving them from all blame.

Again though, this one is not the fault of V Festival, Virgin Media, Richard Branson or whoever else we tend to blame for everything on here.

No refunds, and the T&C's are clear, but it's a bitter pill to swallow. More frustrating for me is the fact that no only did I miss Oasis, but due to the new timings I also missed The Enemy. Originally I wanted to see Elbow, The Enemy, and then back to the main stage for Oasis, but the late finish of Elbow meant I completely missed The Enemy. Very frustrating as they were the three bands I was most looking forward to and I only got to see one of them!

if there was to be a refund (which there probably wont) the organisors could say well most people watched 30-40 bands over the weekend, so the punters paid £4 - £5 each per band so there could be a £5 refund!

even then they could argue that they still had to pay for power to the main stage, lighting and marshalling the arena etc etc (which does cost a fortune)

its not like a normal cancelled gig where the stadium/theatre would be stood empty that night.

I don't see why a refund should be given anyway, I was looking forward to seeing Oasis but there were a lot of other great bands/acts to see, i was really looking forward to seeing Snow Patrol and they put on a far better show than i could have imagined, it was absolutely awesome - so I for one would not be fussed about a refund.

I think Snow Patrol earned themselves a few more fans on Sunday night!

I think everyone has dismissed the fact also that Snow Patrols management probably negotiated a larger fee for them headlining and (presumably) playing a longer slot than they would have otherwise done. This was probably the case for a few of the bands below them on the line-up also.

Plus as ppl have said above, unfortuately they have their get out clause on the backk of the tickets and I also presume these are on the (shitty) website somewhere too so we as the punters have no excuse as we bought them agreeing to these terms.

Its one of them things but its pretty impossible to book another headline act with 12 hrs notice so in this instance V cannot be blamed. The other year when JET cancelled a few days before they managed to get Embrace in but 12 hrs just isn't enough. The only thing they can do is switch what theyve got arround which is what they did. There was nobody better than or should I say with a higher profile than Snow Patrol elsewhere on the bill so a swap like Happy Mondays for Amy Winehouse 2 years ago was out of the question so last ditch effort was give Snow Patrol more time.

Unfortunate event, but I don't care cos us Northeners got to see em ha! :ph34r:

Edited by Hairywookie

For once its not Vs fault. They cant be expected to pay but Oasis should...or at least make a charitable donation. Its not like they cant afford it. All that arse gravy about how they love their fans...dont make me laugh. Especially when its only Liam who is supposedly ill. Get Ian Brown or someone in and they might be worth watching.

I am told that Liam blew out recently due to being a primadona twat and Noel just stepped in saying something along the lines of "our kids foooked off so I suppose I will just stand in instead"...which wouldnt have bothered me in the slightest.