Clash Analysis (1st Draft)

Guest DragKnuckles

With secret sets - half the time i'm not sure the artists themselves know in advance!!

Some of the ones in the woods tend to be announced by the bands when they're on stage.

The "turning up in the tipi at 1:30am" ones seem to me to be more random and quite possibly alcohol related.

I already want to see more stuff than is physically possible - I'm not sure that adding more sets is going to help me any!

With secret sets - half the time i'm not sure the artists themselves know in advance!!

Some of the ones in the woods tend to be announced by the bands when they're on stage.

The "turning up in the tipi at 1:30am" ones seem to me to be more random and quite possibly alcohol related.

I already want to see more stuff than is physically possible - I'm not sure that adding more sets is going to help me any!

Laughing....i want to clone myself but the world isnt ready! Am getting over the stress now...after much meditation have decided to employ the tactic that the weather, wine and if there are fit guys standing in front of me with a wine box they are willing to share will probably define who I see!

Yes I am now remembering Akron/Family from last year....I had intended to see Conor Oberst I think but the person standing next to me said "Stay you dont want to miss this" and it was one of the suprise highlights for me.....perhaps I should change my name to randompassion? :ph34r:

A belated thanks for the Clash-finder, DK - like the magnificent one similarly produced for Latitude by a board member, no doubt this little baby will be my guiding light at EoTR.

Only major problem for me now the stage times are out is the almighty and seemingly complete clash of Okkervil River and Efterklang. Couple of months ago it would have been an easy win for Efterklang. It's now nowhere near so simple and I am not sure that I can miss the joyous country-rock out that OR will no doubt deliver. Though I am still strongly drawn to the eclectic Danes. AARRRGGGHHH!

Damn you, EoTR...I have not come out of this unscathed.

Other observations:

Leisure Society as a delightful ease into Saturday is wonderful - though the set is too short. Mumford and Sons will kick off the whole shebang for me on a day when I would seem to be spending most of the time at the Garden Stage - certainly Dirty Projectors into EITS will be a cracking Friday night for me. Though a nice little potter after Loney, Dear before finding my way to one of my must sees - Spokes - will make it a smashing Friday afternoon.

Oh crikey I just can't wait. That its sold out too is doubly exciting.

Ben