arena gates

Guest bakedbeans

I have some questions I'd be grateful if anyone could answer some, cheers:-

Who gets let into the arena first each day - campers or day ticket holders / or both at the same time?

Do campers and day ticket holders queue up together or separately?

What's the rule on bottled water when you are searched - lid must be sealed / the cap is taken away?

Thanks.

Edited by bakedbeans

I have some questions I'd be grateful if anyone could answer some, cheers:-

Who gets let into the arena first each day - campers or day ticket holders / or both at the same time?

Do campers and day ticket holders queue up together or separately?

What's the rule on bottled water when you are searched - lid must be sealed / the cap is taken away?

Thanks.

a lot of the gates dont open to let people in, some only open to let people out at night and others I have never seen open so presume they are like an emergency exit type gate. When the arena first opens it is only the gates towards the bottom that are open as once inside there are more fences preventing you getting near the stages until nearer the start time when they are taken down.

a lot of the gates dont open to let people in, some only open to let people out at night and others I have never seen open so presume they are like an emergency exit type gate. When the arena first opens it is only the gates towards the bottom that are open as once inside there are more fences preventing you getting near the stages until nearer the start time when they are taken down.

yeah its basically fair, food, stalls etc. I have never really seen any queuing and the subsequent fences as it spreads for quite a while and also it doesnt all come down at the same time, they take one down and then move to the next etc. People sit down by the fences waiting for them to be taken down but there isnt really any queue just when you see one being taken down if your desperate to get to the front for the first act then leg it lol. Dependent on what stage you want you can stand/sit in various points along the fence. I think there taken down around 12:30 - 12:45 ish but dont quote me on that as we have never been clock watching while waiting for them to come down :)

Just looked at the time table thingie and the first acts are starting at 12.15 based on previous years , I thinks i'm right in saying the fences come down just before the day trippers and none campers get let in which is at noon

Edit :- the day trippers entence is by the welfare tent which is the far side of the JJB tent very near the union tent and that was defo on the other side of the fence

Edited by DeadAmos