I'd like to say thank you for helping me have an amazing time

Guest Funkyfairy!

I was a glasto virgin this year and would like to say a thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone to efestivals that helped make it such an amazing experience

Without someone/anyone answering my posts and me reading everyone elses posts I would have

- Missed The Gaslight anthem. I read a post the week before Glasto asking who 'new' to see and someone posted a youtube link to the Gaslight anthem. I decided to pick one band from the 'who to see' thread and make sure I saw them - so Gaslight it was and they were certainly a highlight and all the friends I dragged along to see them with me agreed- and Bruce coming on stage certainly sealed the deal

- I would have rushed to see all sorts of bands, but with advice from here just picked a few a day and wandered the rest of the time. The hours we spent in the Glade, or Greenpeace, or the circus etc etc were some of the best experiences. Stumbling on people, and cafe's and face painting just added to the fun

- I wouldn;t have thought abaout a trolley, but with advice from you all we got an amazing one from France and it certainly made the midnight trek from W29 to Wicket ground more bearable - and people seemed to have trolley/wheel envy which made me giggle:-)

- I would have worried about cards/money/passport - but efests told me about the lock ups, we used them and everything kept safe and nice

- I wouldn;t have made the effort to visit all the corners of the site, sit down take it in, hunt out the veggie breakfast place where you sat on the floor and could do the washing up for a hour for a free breakie (although I paid), or visited the stone circle late at night .......

There are many more things I could mention but just wanted to say thank you.

Sorry I couldn;t make the meet ups. Wednesday traffic saw to that and on Thursday we bumped into friends who got us backstage passes for the Park, so we were backstage during Thursdays meet up time at Zane Lowes set - it was amazing to see the crowd from a different angle. We were also backstage when Jo Whiley did the Live Lounge with Friendly fires - awesome - other than that we had one of the most amazing weekends ever. For once I could totally be me and no-one looked if i wore my wings and had my face painted - it was just normal !

Hopefully catch you all next year, and if during next years run up I can help one person on here then I'll consider it a job well done :-)

Edited by jacks123

Hey jacks, lovely post.

See you next year then! (fairy wings and face paints optional!) ;)

(and I'm with you on this, I wouldn't have been there at all this year if it hadn't been for efests - all you peeps are luverly!)