So how do we get beer into the arena?

Guest Bread

Only experiance I have is of IOW - where we didn't even try and get any booze in the arena. Was lucky enough to be a few meters behind a guy who was stopped with a full six pack though... Needless to say, I obliged and offered my services to help him down said alcohol!

I did see someone walk in with a camelbak though - and was wondering whether to try it at V. Looks like I will now!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only experiance I have is of IOW - where we didn't even try and get any booze in the arena. Was lucky enough to be a few meters behind a guy who was stopped with a full six pack though... Needless to say, I obliged and offered my services to help him down said alcohol!

I did see someone walk in with a camelbak though - and was wondering whether to try it at V. Looks like I will now!

Going to take my trusted camelbak again, never had any problems, and if I do get stopped then my plan is I to just empty it, go to the bar, and refill it with 3 pints of strongbow (or whatever you want to add)!!! Saves the hike back to the bar!!!

Watch me get stopped for the first time ever this year!

6 weeks and counting.................................

With Carling offering 10p. per paper cup returned for recycling, collect cups from around the camp sites, cut the bottoms out and replace with cans of prefered tipple. Top with a few untampered with paper cups and carry them back into the arena for your money! Obviously some thought has to go into this!

With Carling offering 10p. per paper cup returned for recycling, collect cups from around the camp sites, cut the bottoms out and replace with cans of prefered tipple. Top with a few untampered with paper cups and carry them back into the arena for your money! Obviously some thought has to go into this!
Edited by beLIEveR

A good way is to buy some cheaper bottles of water where the bottle quality is poor..... the trick is then to remove the top at home complete with seal in tact which is easier than you think..... fill it with vodka and place the top back on........ you can then walk in with as much as you want!!! one word of warning though, be careful when you wake up in the morning and are gagging for a drink to quench your thirst!!! lol

ooo the security guards are feeling people up ...how rude!..lol

last year i saw some guy get throughwith a poncho on then take it off later to reveal cans taped all over his body! under arm pits down back arms legs crotch it was silver masking tape and it did look rather funny!!

It went t-shirt, cans, 7 revolutions of duct tape, massive rain coat, and head to the arena. also on some baggier trousers i was wearing i taped a few cans on my waist line and i got searched. the guy who was feeling me up hit two cans right on my hip but was oblivious to it. He must have thought I had a couple of hip replacements!

Trick i've got away with the past 2 years is to take boxes of wine....get rid of the box and just keep the bladder. If the weather is crap you can put the foil bladder in a deep jacket pocket, let the guard peep in the pocket and tell him it's a travel blanket (the bottoms of which are foil looking.) Has worked a treat for me, the bladders are hard as nails you could kick them about and they wouldn't leak so you could easily slip them down your pants if you prefer :) Take your travel mug and you've got 2-3 litres of wine on tap for the afternoon, after that you should only need a few expensive pints to top yourself up until you are herded back to the tents where you can drink what you like!

Trick i've got away with the past 2 years is to take boxes of wine....get rid of the box and just keep the bladder. If the weather is crap you can put the foil bladder in a deep jacket pocket, let the guard peep in the pocket and tell him it's a travel blanket (the bottoms of which are foil looking.) Has worked a treat for me, the bladders are hard as nails you could kick them about and they wouldn't leak so you could easily slip them down your pants if you prefer :lol: Take your travel mug and you've got 2-3 litres of wine on tap for the afternoon, after that you should only need a few expensive pints to top yourself up until you are herded back to the tents where you can drink what you like!

Trick i've got away with the past 2 years is to take boxes of wine....get rid of the box and just keep the bladder. If the weather is crap you can put the foil bladder in a deep jacket pocket, let the guard peep in the pocket and tell him it's a travel blanket (the bottoms of which are foil looking.) Has worked a treat for me, the bladders are hard as nails you could kick them about and they wouldn't leak so you could easily slip them down your pants if you prefer ;) Take your travel mug and you've got 2-3 litres of wine on tap for the afternoon, after that you should only need a few expensive pints to top yourself up until you are herded back to the tents where you can drink what you like!

Thought it was time to bring this to the top again in case anybody else has any ingenious ideas.

After putting a bit of thought into this I think I've come up with a pretty good idea for vodka.

This requires a plastic water bottle, tipping it upside down and making a little hole in the bottom to drain the water. Then get a syringe and fill said water bottle with vodka. Now comes the best part, you know that clear bathroom sealant stuff that you get from diy stores? a little blob of that over the hole and left to dry and woah, it's just a harmless bottle of water again!!

And incase you were wondering, yes my days are mostly taken up with dreaming up elaborate schemes to take over the world!

Thought it was time to bring this to the top again in case anybody else has any ingenious ideas.

After putting a bit of thought into this I think I've come up with a pretty good idea for vodka.

This requires a plastic water bottle, tipping it upside down and making a little hole in the bottom to drain the water. Then get a syringe and fill said water bottle with vodka. Now comes the best part, you know that clear bathroom sealant stuff that you get from diy stores? a little blob of that over the hole and left to dry and woah, it's just a harmless bottle of water again!!

And incase you were wondering, yes my days are mostly taken up with dreaming up elaborate schemes to take over the world!

Yeah thats the bit I was thinking of making a hole in. Superglue wouldn't poison you but I'm thinking that vodka may well disolve it, especially the cheap stuff as I know nail polish remover does!! The silicone sealant only costs a couple of quid at the diy stores. I'm going to have a test next week when I get home from work so I'll let you know how it goes.....

Yeah thats the bit I was thinking of making a hole in. Superglue wouldn't poison you but I'm thinking that vodka may well disolve it, especially the cheap stuff as I know nail polish remover does!! The silicone sealant only costs a couple of quid at the diy stores. I'm going to have a test next week when I get home from work so I'll let you know how it goes.....