Buying booze near the site

Guest IRISHMANC

Easy,

three of us travelling down in a small, pretty old car and worried about weight getting us there. So we are thinking of buying our booze in a nearby supermarket to lighten the load. Anyone done this before? Easy enought to find? They sell out due to excess numbers or have the sense to extra order? Which supermarkets are in the area?

Any help that can be offered is most appreciated

Depends how paranoid you are but my mates won't stop anywhere near Glasto for fear of police/dogs tearing the car apart, maybe wise to stop a little further away.

I've always arrived via Bristol from the North, and find that it's not much of a detour to the large Tesco at Midsomer Norton. At just over 15 miles from the site it's close enough but for some reason has never seemed to get over-run with festival goers.

I dont know how well stocked or even if these places will be open but locally there is:

Morrisons: in Glastonbury (but can pretty much guarantee its gna be busy in there)

Sainsbury's: in Street (the town right next to Glasto)...pretty sure there will be offies in Street as well, but dno how open/well stocked these will be

Tesco: Shepton Mallet (a couple of towns away...doesnt take long and cus its big its probs gna be well stocked...just google map it and you'll find it)

ASDA: Frome (about 13 miles from pilton)

I dno if the offies in Glasto will be serving tbh, so up to you if you risk that.

Failing all of the above come see me when you get to the festival and I'll see if i can sort you out with some good resonably priced booze :)