Where would you recommend i camp?

Guest sammysundae

Hiya, i've been to a lot of festvals before but not glastonbury and i've done plenty of research into this kind of thing, but you can't beat a few experienced opinions.

I'm basically looking to camp somewhere where younger people (i'm nearly 20) will be having fun most hours of the day. I know that everyone will be having fun, but i'm kind of looking for somewhere that will be party central. I've heard the dance fields are a bit mad/loud and i don;t think my mates would be up foir camping there.

At the moment i'm thinking Pennards (which i've heard mixed opinions of) or the Dragon fields (which i haven;t really heard too much about). i'm the kind of person that will probably be spending a blot of time at trash city/the glade. just looking to camp with like minded people really. somewhere nice and fun.

we're going to be getting there very early so that isn;t really an issue. if theres anywhere else you would recommend then i'm open to all suggestions.

Hopefully there will be a few other people in the same boat so this thread can help more people than just me :unsure:

thanks guys.

cheers. i am going to be there when the doors open tho. are the dragoon fields really that good? what is the atmosphere like there? just out of interest cos i can;t find much info on it elsewhere.

i'm just trying to make sure i get the most i can out of the festival.

Edited by sammysundae

cheers. i am going to be there when the doors open tho. are the dragoon fields really that good? what is the atmosphere like there? just out of interest cos i can;t find much info on it elsewhere.

i'm just trying to make sure i get the most i can out of the festival.

to be honest. i might just talk to people when i'm arriving and see where the people who i get on with best are going. that way i can make new friends, cos i'm only going in a group of 4, plus you get in ona few little secrets and stuff. i am so excited i don;t know what to do with myself. i've spent most of today just sitting in my house thinking about glasto.

to be honest. i might just talk to people when i'm arriving and see where the people who i get on with best are going. that way i can make new friends, cos i'm only going in a group of 4, plus you get in ona few little secrets and stuff. i am so excited i don;t know what to do with myself. i've spent most of today just sitting in my house thinking about glasto.

I've always found it doesn't really matter where you camp, not like it does at Reading/V etc because there's so much still going on at night and so many places to be that you don't actually spend a great deal of time at your campsite anyway.

I'm basically looking to camp somewhere where younger people (i'm nearly 20) will be having fun most hours of the day. I know that everyone will be having fun, but i'm kind of looking for somewhere that will be party central. I've heard the dance fields are a bit mad/loud and i don;t think my mates would be up foir camping there.

At the moment i'm thinking Pennards (which i've heard mixed opinions of) or the Dragon fields (which i haven;t really heard too much about). i'm the kind of person that will probably be spending a blot of time at trash city/the glade

Surprisingly despite being situated right next to the stone circle the Dragon's field is pretty quiet throughout the day..people are saying you won't get a spot there but if you arrive early enough on Wednesday you will.

Pennard's, again near the stones is highly sort after but there is a lot of space and is more lively.

The Dance field noisy? lol. yes not the best place to camp IMO.

But like you said if you want to be near Trash City and Glade either of the two is perfect. One of the best places for after hours antics in my humble opinion.