Vodka skittles/sweets/anything

Guest Sweep

About to make the all important choice of how to infuse my vodka!

I know the popular choice is skittles, but I'm feeling a bit left-field - I was thinking maybe cherry drops?

But, I was also wondering, will you have to filter it no matter what combination you do? Filtering sounds like a damn load of effort :angry:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to find some of those jolly rancher sweets you used to be able to get. I think everything needs filtering but its not a big job at all. You just Pour the vodka into those coffee filter cone things. They're less than a quid for a box from the supermarkets :angry:

I'm trying to find some of those jolly rancher sweets you used to be able to get. I think everything needs filtering but its not a big job at all. You just Pour the vodka into those coffee filter cone things. They're less than a quid for a box from the supermarkets :angry:

im trying to think of a sweet that tastes of lime because i was gonna get morgans spiced rum, cola cubes and lime sweets to make an instant cuban!!

raspberry is the best by a long way. To do it you must

1. Get shit cheap vodka

2. 1 punnet of raspberries per 35cl

3. Put them together in a 2l bottle

4. Shake

5. Add sugar daily until the vodka can hold no more shake before and after adding sugar

6. Leave for about a week after it can take no more sugar

7. get an old t-shirt or cloth or sieve and a bowl

8. Pour mixture into strainer thing and squeeze into bowl

9. When only the seeds are left and the raspberry bits are white you have finished

10. Drink

11. Pass out when you have forgoten in is VODKA and that it is STRONG.

From a 75cl bottle you should make about 1L :angry:

Take packet of chosen confectionary; smash to smithereens in a bag with a rolling pin/masher/insert implement with suitable sweetie smashing capabilities, then pour remnants into bottle of vodka. Give it a good shake to allow bits to dissolve - et viola!

please note - I have only followed the above technique with confectionary of the boiled variety - not too sure if the same method can be used for choc etc :angry:

I found cherry drops didn't give much flavour at all. Not everything needs filtering. Glacier Mints and Werthers don't. Skittles do. I think it's the ones coated with some sort of hard case like skittles that will need filtering.

You can also wash the sweets first, which will reduce the need for filtering.

...really easy to get them in the States...don't see them very often round this neck of the woods...they were great though, nearly broke a tooth with them once mind!

we use just a standard 70cl bottle of vodka & have one of the large grab-bag type things of werthers (more to go through then than a packet just in case). Just keep adding them til your happy with the taste - depends how harsh you want it. Prob between 2-3 packets worth, but would def recommend having a grab bag in case you want more/less

I reckons rhubarb and custard is the best flavour out and doesn't need any scum filtering out. JElly babies are good too and dissolve really quickly.

If you don't have much time left for your infusion screw the cap on Reeeeeally tight and stand it up in the dishwasher - the heat makes the sweets dissolve real fast - just dont let your mum find a smashed bottle of vodka in the dishwasher

140 hours to go.....xx

About to make the all important choice of how to infuse my vodka!

I know the popular choice is skittles, but I'm feeling a bit left-field - I was thinking maybe cherry drops?

But, I was also wondering, will you have to filter it no matter what combination you do? Filtering sounds like a damn load of effort :(