Going on my own

Guest man_d

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, all are welcome! Gordie, what's the name of the pub we were in last year? Just so people can research and organise?

Regardless, though, it's in the centre of Salisbury, so if you can park anywhere around there you'll be in easy reach of us! And if your friends don't realise the greatness of the pre-fest pub meet they'll only have themselves to blame when they miss out :ph34r:

Well we could easily arrange a meet-up in the festival for anyone who isn't camping with us, and you can always come find our camp and hang out there with us, whether you actually sleep there or not! I'll make sure you have my number closer to the time so you can find us at some point :unsure:

hi guys,

i'm going to EotR this year, me and my mate...we're traveling down on the thursday and staying in the centre of salisbury, the place above weatherspoons. just thinking it would be good to meet up for drinks on the thursday, get the weekend off to a good start.

Yes, welcome all!

We were camped very near Tangarine Fields last year (and are likely to be again, so easy to meet up with us from there).

I'll also pm my mobile number to whoever wants it.........unless things change I'll be first on site - actually I kinda hope things DO change actually cos the one draw back about being on site a day early is I miss the pre-festival meet up :O !

I think we were near you last year - might come say hello this year!

Are you the chap who wears...for want of a better word...hotpants?

Oh thanks!!!!!..............my legs are definitely not that bad. :)

Well, for a 42 year old librarian anyway. :lol:

It's actually worse than that.....someone came up to me at Latitude 2008 and wanted their picture taken with me cos they'd seen me at 2007 and not been brave enough to come up and say hello. Not sure that wasn't as much to do with the spotty shirt tho.

Then exactly the same happened EOTR 2008 (I think they said they'd seen me at Latitude too)!

Then someone else came up to me at Lat 2009, whilst i wearing a dress saying that they recognised me from wearing the shorts the past two years and had to finally come up and say hello!!!!

It's a good job I only pretend to be shy :)

It's actually worse than that.....someone came up to me at Latitude 2008 and wanted their picture taken with me cos they'd seen me at 2007 and not been brave enough to come up and say hello. Not sure that wasn't as much to do with the spotty shirt tho.

Then exactly the same happened EOTR 2008 (I think they said they'd seen me at Latitude too)!

Then someone else came up to me at Lat 2009, whilst i wearing a dress saying that they recognised me from wearing the shorts the past two years and had to finally come up and say hello!!!!

It's a good job I only pretend to be shy :D

Hello

I wanted to say that I'm also attending solo and I'd love to come and join you... :angry:

I've given up trying to persuade my friends re how awesome the music line-up is...

I was intent on going solo... but how much nicer it will be with a group of solo festival-goers.

Great to hear re the e-camp...

I'm getting very excited, and look forward to meeting you...

zozo1

Edited by zozo1

Hello

I wanted to say that I'm also attending solo and I'd love to come and join you... :lol:

I've given up trying to persuade my friends re how awesome the music line-up is...

I was intent on going solo... but how much nicer it will be with a group of solo festival-goers.

Great to hear re the e-camp...

I'm getting very excited, and look forward to meeting you...

zozo1

• 2 weeks later...

:D Hiya...I cant believe that I have only just found this forum/thread....it would have saved me a lot of tears!! I AM NOT ALONE.... I went last year and bribed a friend who had a tent to come with me...she liked to stand at the back or sleep in the tent whilst the bands were playing (rolls eyes in horror)...I didnt. This year I bought two tickets and like others tried to persuade my friends...It seems to be harder when you are over a certain age lol... Now my lovely 21 yr old daughter who has inherited my taste in music had agreed to come so not strictly alone...but I fear that when she sees my orange leggings she may disown me. Last year people were so friendly but I did look on with envy at the people who seemed to be in groups. Please please can I join you???

And to the person from Spain who was going to hire a tent...I have a spare 2 person tent which i may be able to fit in my car if you want to borrow it???

Please excuse me I just got soooooo excited.

Sue xx

Edited by perfectpassion