flimsey paper tickets - wristband?

Guest dunny oasis

ive not been to glastonbury before, but i know at other festivals tickets are exchanged at the gates with a strong wristband that would be able to withstand a festival.

is this the case at glastonbury or do they expect you to hold your paper ticket for the whole 5 days without it getting lost/damaged/destroyed?

im only saying this because i expect i will leave the festival site at some point during the 5 days. maybe to stock up on beer or buy supplies

thanks for your help!!

Well...lets put it this way...

the tried and tested way of sending flimsy tix as you call them and having MATERIAL, UNRIPPABLE, SOME FOLKS STILL HAVE THEIR 2002 ONE ON wristbands has worked for the past oooh lets say SEVEN Glastonburies!!! :D:unsure:

On arrival you show your big ticket at the gate, it gets checked under a big UV lamp, a bit gets ripped off and then you move onto the wristband area. You get given a wristband, make you decide which hand you want it on...bumcleaning one is usually the wrong one to go with!!! :) For comfort, place a finger or two under the wristband when the nice volunteer goes to put on the clasp cos that way you know it is on safely, but not too tight, but wont slip off.

The ticket actually isnt that flimsy and is loaded with all sorts of security features...not just a plain piece of paper.

As Adele says, you receive this nifty little plastic wallet for your mini guide that you wear around your neck especially if you are heading back to the car...you place your proper ticket with your mugshot facing outwards and the pass out ticket tucked in behind...

it is the pass out ticket you must not lose at any costs!!! If you lose that in the car parks THEN YOU ARE FOOKED! You give up the pass out ticket on re-entry...

and before you ask any more re-entry questions I will add that there is a seperate re-entry queue at each gate so you dont have to queue with all the arrivals if you are just popping back to the car for supplies.

Glasto is the grandaddy of all festivals mate...it knows what it is doing!!! It invented the indestructible material wristband!!! :)

I have still got my 2008 one on, and probably would still have my 05 one on if I hadn't cut it off.

And btw you do know that glastonbury takes place in Pilton, a very small village. There are no supermarkets or shopping centres so if you do leave the site there isn't much to see, except the tor. I'd stay in the site if I were you.