Getting home on the monday

Guest Redcanadahat

Hiya!

I was just looking at trains from castle cary to oxford for monday. i searched morning, afternoon and evening and 1 way fares are £40 upwards! I managed to an £8.00 train fare going down on the 22nd (i gotta be onsite on the monday cuz i'm working). Does anyone know how much the coach from glasto - bristol is? is it rip off central or worth looking into?

cheers

me and my mate are getting back in the car. sharing the driving so we don't get tired. but i am a bit worried about it to be honest. we're both going to be absolutely exhausted. i'm not doing it until we're both stone cold sober obviously. if i have to wait all day, i will. if i feel anything like i have done on the way back from other festivals then its going to be a pretty heavy journey.

does anyone have any advice or experience on the matter? fire away!

me and my mate are getting back in the car. sharing the driving so we don't get tired. but i am a bit worried about it to be honest. we're both going to be absolutely exhausted. i'm not doing it until we're both stone cold sober obviously. if i have to wait all day, i will. if i feel anything like i have done on the way back from other festivals then its going to be a pretty heavy journey.

does anyone have any advice or experience on the matter? fire away!

Get into maximum-trashed party mode on Friday and SATURDAY nights rather than Sunday night, persuade yer mate to do the same, confine proper drinking on the Sunday to afternoon and early evening, then if you've partied hard enough on the Saturday, by Sunday night you'll be naturally flagging and more into chilling round a fire or at a quiet gig, and crashing at a half way sensible time (like 1 am rather than 4 am!)

Oh yeah and go for a fat breakfast fryup on the Monday, with plenty of coffee and tea .... maybe orange juice .....

Drink a good slug of water before sleeping on the Sunday night and as soon as you get up on Monday too.

200 miles sounds bad but it could be worse, it could be Scotland!

Edited by William of Walworth

yeah. i thought that would probably be the best idea.

fryup is an absolute plan. why didn't i think of that?! we usually have a massive blow out on the last night of a festival and stay up all night. i think that would probably be a bit irresponsible tho in this situation.

thanks for the advice :unsure:

having said that. has anyone ever done that and then driven back the following day? just out of interest, what was it like? not that i'm advocating it.

Before I have gotten stuff as far as the car park on the Monday, loaded up and slept in the car until the majority of the traffic is gone. Then again i have also left about 4/5am on the Monday as well which was definately the fastest but you miss out on the end of the festival really.

Note - if you still have alcohol or anything else still in your bloodstream, are in your car and in possession of the keys - you would be liable to be arrested if the police stopped you. Just worth noting as it's happened to a friend of mine sleeping off the booze in his car. Fined for being drunk in charge of a vehicle. Although I doubt there would be anyone to trouble you onsite.

ahhh....

Try the lift share link in the forum and ask around. I'm sure someone will help out for a chip in with the petrol.

:lol:

Back off-topic. We left at 2am last year and the drive back to London was a breeze but I was VERY tired. Many Red Bulls helped.

I stopped drinking after a lunchtime mulled cider or two so was sober all afternoon and through the evening. It was actually pretty cool seeing bands whilst not under the influence. I am rather older though so I am not sure my body could have taken another day of it!

Take it easy and whilst I don't even want to think about the journey home yet I wish you a safe journey. :lol:

Hiya!

I was just looking at trains from castle cary to oxford for monday. i searched morning, afternoon and evening and 1 way fares are £40 upwards! I managed to an £8.00 train fare going down on the 22nd (i gotta be onsite on the monday cuz i'm working). Does anyone know how much the coach from glasto - bristol is? is it rip off central or worth looking into?

cheers