Stokes Bay Festival 2009

Guest Medina

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely! Any NIMBY wishing to gatecrash our site will have to clamber over two security fences and race across a 50m buffer zone which will be constantly patrolled by security. Then, if their walking stick and zimmer frame don't get caught on the razor wire, we have 24-hour CCTV and the infamous Morris Dancing security team to protect our valued property.

Seriously, we're as relaxed and friendly a festival as you can get. Don't be put off by a handful of NIMBYs, they don;t speak for the vast majority of local residents who are strongly pro-festival and will provide a warm welcome to visitors from all over the U.K. and abroad. :lol:

Obviously you wish us wet and well!! I don't think the obvious bad weather can be put down to your rain spell, more to do with the jet stream being overhead.

(roughly translated it means-

elements gather in this place. lend me your power. element water, i call you. let it rain. so mote it be. )

http://scroll.spellsofmagic.com/add_posts....mp;reply=180791

If the council hadn't trebled the site fee at Stokes Bay proper, and imposed silly restrictions, there wouldn't have been a problem and everyone could have had a lovely time in a beautiful place. :)

ahhh well, I guess those councillors will have to be justifying to their constituents why they turned away what is essentially free money, with the result that people's council tax bills will be higher than they would otherwise have been.

I guess the likes of the local tory Alan B'Scard have already given up their idea of being the thrifty party - mind you, it's rather difficult for that to be believed when the local tory MP thinks that taxpayers should be buying him a duck house. :lol:;)

Hear, hear, the wisest words spoken on this forum so far. Having walked the perimeter of the site this morning it looks to be already full of eventers and stallholders, not much room left for the 2500 anticipated each day. And I pity the poor residents who live around the site, not much peace for them, I'm afraid.

As I've said time and again this site is unsuitable for an event of this size. Can't the organisers and the councillors stop their petty squabbling and make sure it goes back to Stokes Bay in future? This was the ideal spot.

Enjoy, folks.

So glad that this has all come together. Well done Peter :O

And the good news is that as the other half has now got tomorrow night off work we can head off tomorrow afternoon instead of Friday.

Is there a closing time for the campsite, ot will be ok arriving about 8.00pm?

We have completely different people running the bar this year which, itself, is supplied by Wadworths. There will be at least 3 real ales on at all times including 6X and Bishop's Tipple. I too hope the beer is better because after suffering six months of NIMBY nonsense I need a decent pint! ;)

Well medina im here on site now and £3.30 for a pint of fosters piss is taking the piss!!and what about the route march from the camp site!!crossing busy main roads??and what about the laid back security??man handling a punter because he wanted to bring in a couple of cans that you said on here was ok perhaps you should have a word with your nuckle dragging goons!!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/entertainment/...tons.5507823.jp

Review of Last Nights performance by The Zutons.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Commu...-get.5508451.jp

Community is urged to get behind Stokes Bay Festival

The organiser of a controversial music festival which finally got under way last night is urging the community to get behind it. The Stokes Bay Festival in Gosport kicked-off last night despite months of opposition from some residents and councillors.

Now organiser Peter Chegwyn is calling on the town to support it – or lose it.

and finally some good news for Peter and bad for the protesters!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Peter...tics.5509021.jp

Peter Chegwyn returns to politics after lodging High Court appeal

Now all we need is the sun to stay out.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/entertainment/...tons.5507823.jp

Review of Last Nights performance by The Zutons.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Commu...-get.5508451.jp

Community is urged to get behind Stokes Bay Festival

The organiser of a controversial music festival which finally got under way last night is urging the community to get behind it. The Stokes Bay Festival in Gosport kicked-off last night despite months of opposition from some residents and councillors.

Now organiser Peter Chegwyn is calling on the town to support it – or lose it.

and finally some good news for Peter and bad for the protesters!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Peter...tics.5509021.jp

Peter Chegwyn returns to politics after lodging High Court appeal

Now all we need is the sun to stay out.

Welcome to 'Dangerous Albert' - a new member who only appears to have posted on Stokes Bay.

Reminds me of last year when a host of new members including Olgrumpyfy, Brod Boy and Adelaide all suddenly appeared on this board to try and undermine this Festival.

All were identified as local NIMBYs opposed to the Festival. All disappeared again when they failed to stop the Festival taking place.

To return to this year...

There is absolutely no danger of this Festival being cancelled.

There's an appeal against the premises licence for one (and only one) of the fields we are using (nothing new there as longer standing members will recall from last year) but it is based on completely inaccurate and out-of-date information (it says, for example, that we are using Brune Park School for camping... we are not and never have been).

Our licensing solicitor, one of the best in the land, is 100 per cent confident the appeal will be rejected.

We are 100 per cent confident the Festival will take place as planned.

Hope that reassures you Albert. :(

Mmmmmm As far as I am concerned the way in which Peter managed to resolve last years licensing issues still flies in the face of good political morals.. (what ever they are now)

I am sorry but you cant use your elected status to benefit yourself in the way that was perceived. (sorry Peter I would love to debate this point with you over many beers!)

However just as the political MIMBY's keep coming on here and trying to trash the festival (its as clear as day what they are doing and who they are doing it for, it is certainly not Mrs Mop at number 4.. etc) I guess some will see that as justice.

However personally I think politicians should stick to politics and business men and woman should stick to Business. If they do meet then they most certainly not be allowed to influence each other for personal gain...

If you are going to have a debate it must be factual, "Peter could NOT resolve licensing issues by using his elected status"

It is simply untrue, having been in the pub license trade for 20 years i have applied for numerous licenses and you get to know the system pretty well. If a licensing authority grants a license and imposes conditions that the applicant is unhappy with, there is only one way to appeal and that is to a court!

and as you say above the festival organiser is a politician not a judge :)