So Anyways...

Guest Funkfarley

Festival related of course...

I can't remember which festival it was or who it was playing but the crowd were rammed in so tight that you couldn't move...then out of no-where this naked guy appeared surfing over the crowd and OH MY GOD! This massive gap appeared in the crowd (The crowd where there wasn't room to move) and he landed on his ass on the grass, naked as the day he was born with millions of people stood around him pissing themselves laughing.

I wouldn't mind but if he hadn't have been naked he probably would have surfed the entire crowd...except no-one wanted to touch him! :(

Also this was from V Festival a few years ago...waiting for, i think, Kaiser Chiefs, and some dude at the front of the crowd had a "nemo" helium balloon. The crow started chanting "NEEEE-Mooooo!" "Neeee- Mooooo!" and pointing towards the balloon.

Next thing we know is everyone starts hurling water bottles trying to hit the balloon. Hilareous. Promtly the balloon disappears..

Then...some dude comes along with a Yoda on a stick...the crowd starts up again..."YODAAA!" YODAAA!" again, most amusing. Then the bottles start being thrown...Yoda disappears and reappears with a light sabre, much to the amusement of the crowd...once the hilarity subsides, the bottles start again aimed at Yoda.

Yoda once again disappears and reappears with his middle finger up on one hand and a huge joint in the pther. Cue the crowd pissing themselves laughing. Excellent. Jokes over, yoda is taken down as the gig is not long due to start.

As if that wasn't funny enough, the sound guy came on to check the mic's and he was then open to the jollity going on... "TECHIE! "TECHIE" the crowd started shouting and the poor guy ended doing the sound check dodging a wall of plastic water bottles...and then a football.

A foot ball!? yep...someone threw it onstage and he foolishly kicked it back. And so it begins...the ball was back and forth the entire time he was on the stage.

Hilareous. Obviously much funnier if you were there but still amusing and one of tose once in a lifetime moments.

Thought I would enlighten you. :(

Last year was my first Glastonbury, the year before I went to Leeds and whilst the bands were good, the atmosphere was awful, I hated not even being allowed to take water through the checkpoints - except for the Katmandu Kitchen, the rest of the food was burgers etc. Plus, on the Sunday night I had some little sods threatening to burn my tent down!

Anyway, due to various delays we didn't arrive until 8pm on the Thursday (which annoyed me enough as I really wanted to see the Levellers), but it also began to chuck it down. Being quite late, we had to trudge a fair distance and I was acting as the Sherpa carrying three rucksacks and two kegs of beer. The people we knew were there already were giving us awful and conflicting directions, so by the time we arrived at their tents I was not in the best of moods - the rain by now had got much worse and whilst they were all cosy in their tent I had to put up ours, by the time I had everything was soaked, including our sleeping bags. The first night was a cold and damp affair with little sleep. When I emerged from the tent in the morning, I said hello to this stranger in his tent and he must have seen from my face that I was not happy; the next thing he did was offer me a cup of steaming hot coffee and part of his fry-up.

I could not have been happier and that put me in a great mood for the rest of the weekend, and we all got on really well after that; funnily enough I had a better time with the strangers we met than the people we had arranged to meet! That sums up Glastonbury for me, and why I am coming back - that simple act of gesture just would not have happened at Leeds. I'm not bashing it as such, just drawing a comparison between the different attitudes.

Last year was my first Glastonbury, the year before I went to Leeds and whilst the bands were good, the atmosphere was awful, I hated not even being allowed to take water through the checkpoints - except for the Katmandu Kitchen, the rest of the food was burgers etc. Plus, on the Sunday night I had some little sods threatening to burn my tent down!

Anyway, due to various delays we didn't arrive until 8pm on the Thursday (which annoyed me enough as I really wanted to see the Levellers), but it also began to chuck it down. Being quite late, we had to trudge a fair distance and I was acting as the Sherpa carrying three rucksacks and two kegs of beer. The people we knew were there already were giving us awful and conflicting directions, so by the time we arrived at their tents I was not in the best of moods - the rain by now had got much worse and whilst they were all cosy in their tent I had to put up ours, by the time I had everything was soaked, including our sleeping bags. The first night was a cold and damp affair with little sleep. When I emerged from the tent in the morning, I said hello to this stranger in his tent and he must have seen from my face that I was not happy; the next thing he did was offer me a cup of steaming hot coffee and part of his fry-up.

I could not have been happier and that put me in a great mood for the rest of the weekend, and we all got on really well after that; funnily enough I had a better time with the strangers we met than the people we had arranged to meet! That sums up Glastonbury for me, and why I am coming back - that simple act of gesture just would not have happened at Leeds. I'm not bashing it as such, just drawing a comparison between the different attitudes.

I have a better time with people I don't know pretty much every year at Leeds. And nobody's ever threatened to burn my tent down, or actually threaten me in anyway. The guys we camped near last year were kinda rude, not really in the spirit, and they're the worst people I've ever met there.

I'm not doubting Glastonbury is better. It's just the whole image people paint of Leeds being a hell-hole full of kids running around blowing stuff up and trying to stab you winds me up.

Edited by Bradders

I have a better time with people I don't know pretty much every year at Leeds. And nobody's ever threatened to burn my tent down, or actually threaten me in anyway. The guys we camped near last year were kinda rude, not really in the spirit, and they're the worst people I've ever met there.

I'm not doubting Glastonbury is better. It's just the whole image people paint of Leeds being a hell-hole full of kids running around blowing stuff up and trying to stab you winds me up.

Last year at glastonbury, im in the salsa tent in the dance village, it must be 4 in the morning, pretty drunk by this time, me and a few mates are getting some tuition off a couple of women, 10 or 15 minutes later, were getting the basics down pretty good. The one woman instructing me is a very attractive older woman, id say mid 40's. She asks if i know what to do next, to which i reply "take you back to my tent and have some fun". of course she slapped me and asked me to leave, made us laugh anyway.

Last year at glastonbury, im in the salsa tent in the dance village, it must be 4 in the morning, pretty drunk by this time, me and a few mates are getting some tuition off a couple of women, 10 or 15 minutes later, were getting the basics down pretty good. The one woman instructing me is a very attractive older woman, id say mid 40's. She asks if i know what to do next, to which i reply "take you back to my tent and have some fun". of course she slapped me and asked me to leave, made us laugh anyway.

Festival related of course...

I can't remember which festival it was or who it was playing but the crowd were rammed in so tight that you couldn't move...then out of no-where this naked guy appeared surfing over the crowd and OH MY GOD! This massive gap appeared in the crowd (The crowd where there wasn't room to move) and he landed on his ass on the grass, naked as the day he was born with millions of people stood around him pissing themselves laughing.

I wouldn't mind but if he hadn't have been naked he probably would have surfed the entire crowd...except no-one wanted to touch him! :lol:

Also this was from V Festival a few years ago...waiting for, i think, Kaiser Chiefs, and some dude at the front of the crowd had a "nemo" helium balloon. The crow started chanting "NEEEE-Mooooo!" "Neeee- Mooooo!" and pointing towards the balloon.

Next thing we know is everyone starts hurling water bottles trying to hit the balloon. Hilareous. Promtly the balloon disappears..

Then...some dude comes along with a Yoda on a stick...the crowd starts up again..."YODAAA!" YODAAA!" again, most amusing. Then the bottles start being thrown...Yoda disappears and reappears with a light sabre, much to the amusement of the crowd...once the hilarity subsides, the bottles start again aimed at Yoda.

Yoda once again disappears and reappears with his middle finger up on one hand and a huge joint in the pther. Cue the crowd pissing themselves laughing. Excellent. Jokes over, yoda is taken down as the gig is not long due to start.

As if that wasn't funny enough, the sound guy came on to check the mic's and he was then open to the jollity going on... "TECHIE! "TECHIE" the crowd started shouting and the poor guy ended doing the sound check dodging a wall of plastic water bottles...and then a football.

A foot ball!? yep...someone threw it onstage and he foolishly kicked it back. And so it begins...the ball was back and forth the entire time he was on the stage.

Hilareous. Obviously much funnier if you were there but still amusing and one of tose once in a lifetime moments.

Thought I would enlighten you. :)

Edited by amfy

got to love the random stories

sitting outside the bar at the meeting point, waiting for my gf to come out of the long drops oppersite when a cheer goes up. some one has set off a red flair and dropped it into the pit ------huge red cloud of smoke with people emerging pulling up there keeks---------

been going to glastonbury since 81 so memorys tend to get merged in one, can`t say which year it was, poss mid 90`s.