does an average v festival crowd go to gigs?

Guest thetime

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could'nt really say mate. This is my first V, mainly done leeds really. Personaly im not a huge fan of V, hence why this is my first. However i quite liked the line up this year. As for other gigs, im not a week in, week out attender of large events, i prefer the small, dark, events. The ones where your almost on the stage kinda feeling :)

I would say your probably right with V, Defo more of a 'Family feel' to V than most.

I only use the fences so the toilets ain't an issue and I always find going to the bar by where the worst act are when I'm thirsty means no queuing...go to the bar by the main stage when Razorlight are on this year and you'll see what I mean!

I only use the fences so the toilets ain't an issue and I always find going to the bar by where the worst act are when I'm thirsty means no queuing...go to the bar by the main stage when Razorlight are on this year and you'll see what I mean!

So to get a beer you need to walk 40 minutes and probably still have to queue for at least 5, whilst listening to the worst act on!!!

The queues for the gents Urinals are fine at V actually, its for the Turdises where there are queues, I would never go to V if I was a lass

I had an idea for something called a 'Poo-rinal'...basically like a urinal but for solids which you use standing up...but my mates pointed out several flaws...namely, a) while you were you using it your dangly bits would be on public display, :D there is a very high likelyhood of experiencing 'slippage' down your trousers and c) I couldn't copywright something that is essentially a toilet without walls...

I could have been famous...I could have been the biggest thing in excrement this country has ever seen...(except for the last Razorlight album)

I had an idea for something called a 'Poo-rinal'...basically like a urinal but for solids which you use standing up...but my mates pointed out several flaws...namely, a) while you were you using it your dangly bits would be on public display, :D there is a very high likelyhood of experiencing 'slippage' down your trousers and c) I couldn't copywright something that is essentially a toilet without walls...

I could have been famous...I could have been the biggest thing in excrement this country has ever seen...(except for the last Razorlight album)

I go to tons of small venue gigs and the like but then I give music lessons in my spare time too.

I reckon as Indie said earlier you go to more gigs as you get older because you can afford it, when your in your teens and 20s its the local band or a couple of good ones a year - now its one big one per month or I end up needing a mega music fix.

Anyway I don't think there is an 'average festival goer'

This is my 4th V in a row and I go gigging... not as much as a couple of years ago... but as many as life allows.

last gig was underworld! awesome.

Was supposed to be going prodigy tomorrow night but cant now! but going Basement jaxx on 29th! nice.

V is the cleanest festival so people say.. they say its not a real festival because of its reputation for essex girls in colured wellies etc, but its not like that at all... its a great festival IMO. my friend and I are going IOW next year too hopefully

you know that machine that they use to chose the lottery numbers...maybe Johnny Borrell got one of them but it was filled with letters rather than numbers and used that...''the latest album lyric written by Merlin, and the bonus ball 49 is also going to be where it enters the chart''

Could'nt really say mate. This is my first V, mainly done leeds really. Personaly im not a huge fan of V, hence why this is my first. However i quite liked the line up this year. As for other gigs, im not a week in, week out attender of large events, i prefer the small, dark, events. The ones where your almost on the stage kinda feeling :unsure:

I would say your probably right with V, Defo more of a 'Family feel' to V than most.

not in the slightest just using me experience of the festivals I have attended.

other will say not, some will agree but you cant really comment as you havnt been yet. :)

it reminds me of a villiage fete!

I also disagree with the 'V not being a real festival' comment though i am not the best to comment as i have only ever been to V but from what i have heard of people going to Glasto and Leeds etc. the experiences seem to be the same.

This will be my 3rd V and I love gigs as much as the next person. But being a lowly 17 year old student with no job my gigs are very limited ! Though if i had the money i would go to every gig going, though i think you just cant beat the atmosphere of a festival!

I still need to pay my mate for my V ticket actually...

Can I just say - why does it matter!!!?? People go for different reasons, surely that's the spirit of festivals anyway, actually that's what music is all about anyway. Each likes their own, for their own reasons/tastes - I do get a little fed up of people saying, "you're not a real festival goer", "you're only going cos Oasis are playing" - so what. So long as YOU enjoy it for YOUR reasons and so does everybody else for theirs then it's good times all round!!!

I'm 42 (as of yesterday) married with two daughters - and this will be my third V, I would love to go to more gigs/festivals, but commitments/finances won't allow. doesn't stop me enjoying my music at home with my family (and a bottle of wine of course!!!)

RANT OVER!! Thanks for listening :rolleyes::)

Can I just say - why does it matter!!!?? People go for different reasons, surely that's the spirit of festivals anyway, actually that's what music is all about anyway. Each likes their own, for their own reasons/tastes - I do get a little fed up of people saying, "you're not a real festival goer", "you're only going cos Oasis are playing" - so what. So long as YOU enjoy it for YOUR reasons and so does everybody else for theirs then it's good times all round!!!

I'm 42 (as of yesterday) married with two daughters - and this will be my third V, I would love to go to more gigs/festivals, but commitments/finances won't allow. doesn't stop me enjoying my music at home with my family (and a bottle of wine of course!!!)

RANT OVER!! Thanks for listening :rolleyes::)

Well said and Happy Birthday for yesterday. I only started my festival "career" last year and really only go to see the major headline acts, as it would be too expensive to see them at individual gigs.

I also get the impression from some posters that think we're "not real festival goers" because we are not teenagers into the latest groovy bands and singers. Well, we are real and we are going.