For All Radiohead Fans..

Guest Al2006

Quote from an interview with Ed O'Brien (From Radiohead) from the 19th March 2009

Italo: There’s currently rumours that you guys might be playing Poland, and the Reading and Leeds festivals over the summer. And there was also a Portuguese festival...

Ed: Yeah.

Italo: ... coming ahead. Any word on that? I mean, is there anything already shaped up?

Ed: Not yet. Nothing’s confirmed, but there are possibly some places in the summer, yeah.

Italo: Will it be, like, a small-scale tour to air new songs? Is it part of the In Rainbows tour?

Ed: Um... If we go out it will be the finale of the In Rainbows tour.

Italo: Okay.

Ed: I think one thing that we felt, is that in the UK--when we played in the UK--we played in the middle of the summer—so you couldn’t see the light show.

Italo: Yes.

Ed: So it was really disappointing for everyone. And so it would be nice to have a—to be able to do something in the UK that was like right in that sketch.

Italo: Uh-huh. Will it be like indoors venues or big festival-type thing?

Ed: Uh... don’t know.

So - If they do play Reading its likely that there will be other gigs around the country too and also as of 11 days ago there was still nothing confirmed as of yet..

Quote from an interview with Ed O'Brien (From Radiohead) from the 19th March 2009

Italo: There’s currently rumours that you guys might be playing Poland, and the Reading and Leeds festivals over the summer. And there was also a Portuguese festival...

Ed: Yeah.

Italo: ... coming ahead. Any word on that? I mean, is there anything already shaped up?

Ed: Not yet. Nothing’s confirmed, but there are possibly some places in the summer, yeah.

Italo: Will it be, like, a small-scale tour to air new songs? Is it part of the In Rainbows tour?

Ed: Um... If we go out it will be the finale of the In Rainbows tour.

Italo: Okay.

Ed: I think one thing that we felt, is that in the UK--when we played in the UK--we played in the middle of the summer—so you couldn’t see the light show.

Italo: Yes.

Ed: So it was really disappointing for everyone. And so it would be nice to have a—to be able to do something in the UK that was like right in that sketch.

Italo: Uh-huh. Will it be like indoors venues or big festival-type thing?

Ed: Uh... don’t know.

So - If they do play Reading its likely that there will be other gigs around the country too and also as of 11 days ago there was still nothing confirmed as of yet..

Well it wasn't a professional journalist it was a fan. So it hasn't been edited into an amazingly well flowing article, it's a word for word transcription of his tape. There was some really interesting stuff in the interview, I guess this extract doesn't show it in the best light.

Edited by Belisha Beacon

Yeah i would agree on this being one of the most interesting interviews with the band ive ever read, its from a fan from Peru so obviously the english isnt going to be absolutely perfectly written but there are some real gems in there. Especially wen Ed finds out how EMI are f**king them over again!