Travel Questions?

Guest fi_06660

Hey, Im having a bit of trouble finding any info about travel. I have searched the forum high and low. My and the b/f are thinking of coming from glasgow but looking at the other posts in the forum, the campsite sounds a bit more crazy than we are used to as regular T in the parkers. So are there shuttle busses from Leeds city centre or nearby? My new idea is just to get weekend passes but stay somehwere nearby but wihtout a car would we be able to get to the festival? and what do you think my chances are of getting a hotel or something. Should i just get dirty and camp? Oh the decisions!!! Any help would be appreciated.

I've found the Ramada Jarvis Leeds North, which does rooms from the 27th, checking out 31st for £278 per room.

It's about 5 miles though .http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=5+miles+south+of+Wetherby,+Leeds,+LS23+6ND,+UK+(Bramham+Park)&daddr=ls14+5qf&hl=en&geocode=CeD3uVgxzwDBFXj-NQMdNPDq_yHGwzAEgmWEsQ%3B&mra=pe&mrcr=0&dirflg=w&sll=53.846642,-1.415784&sspn=0.072915,0.204105&ie=UTF8&ll=53.848274,-1.417751&spn=0.145825,0.408211&t=h&z=12

There's the Days Inn in Wetherby, which is about £200 for the same dates, but again, that's about 5 ish miles away.

Be a pain in the arse to walk to, and getting a cab is a nightmare.

I've found the Ramada Jarvis Leeds North, which does rooms from the 27th, checking out 31st for £278 per room.

It's about 5 miles though .http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=5+miles+south+of+Wetherby,+Leeds,+LS23+6ND,+UK+(Bramham+Park)&daddr=ls14+5qf&hl=en&geocode=CeD3uVgxzwDBFXj-NQMdNPDq_yHGwzAEgmWEsQ%3B&mra=pe&mrcr=0&dirflg=w&sll=53.846642,-1.415784&sspn=0.072915,0.204105&ie=UTF8&ll=53.848274,-1.417751&spn=0.145825,0.408211&t=h&z=12

There's the Days Inn in Wetherby, which is about £200 for the same dates, but again, that's about 5 ish miles away.

Be a pain in the arse to walk to, and getting a cab is a nightmare.

ha i went from aberdeen one year. drove all the way down and back. on the sunday night i tried to get to bed about 1 so i could sleep for the 10 hour drive home the next day. did not work cause of the riot. but i didnt see anything. just kept hearing shouts and laughs and explosions.

wasnt to bad though. just lack of sleep. a lot of people leave on the sunday night though.

this year im going from glasgow. not really worrying about it though

Edited by miss_swan

Hey, Im having a bit of trouble finding any info about travel. I have searched the forum high and low. My and the b/f are thinking of coming from glasgow but looking at the other posts in the forum, the campsite sounds a bit more crazy than we are used to as regular T in the parkers. So are there shuttle busses from Leeds city centre or nearby? My new idea is just to get weekend passes but stay somehwere nearby but wihtout a car would we be able to get to the festival? and what do you think my chances are of getting a hotel or something. Should i just get dirty and camp? Oh the decisions!!! Any help would be appreciated.