vodka infusions

Guest 2/Z

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I so want flump vodka to work. I'm now wondering whether one could lightly soak the flumps so that they retain their shape, in a vodka watermelon stylee.

I know they are smaller and thus will dissolve easier, but markeee the skittles vodka I made took about 4 hours of shaking every 10 mins or so to thoroughly dissolve. Yes, it really was that quick! And no, I didn't use paint stripper :).

I so want flump vodka to work. I'm now wondering whether one could lightly soak the flumps so that they retain their shape, in a vodka watermelon stylee.

I know they are smaller and thus will dissolve easier, but markeee the skittles vodka I made took about 4 hours of shaking every 10 mins or so to thoroughly dissolve. Yes, it really was that quick! And no, I didn't use paint stripper :).

Has any one tried blac jacks vodka?? sorry dont have enought time to read through the whole lot!

fruit salad ones would be good.... i imagine black jack one may just taste like sambuca? xxx

I got a little carried away. I now have Werther's Original, roobarb and custard, and two different flavours of jelly baby infused vodka (red & black and yellow & orange - I ate all the green ones) :)

I tried the Werther's Original the other night as it's all dissolved - it's lush. Gonna be hard not to drink it all before the festival or, if it does survive, not drink it all in one go and get completely off my face

Oh - someone recommended Wham bar vodka - I reckon that would be excellent.

Edited by spiky_simon

Any sweets you have to take the wrappers off will require a bit of work. getting all the wrappers off the Werther's Original took aaageees. But maybe it tastes better because of all the extra work put in :)

I took a bottle of sambuca to glastonbury a few years back - did get quite sickly (and sticky!) after a while

Raspberry is amazing. I use one punnet and put sugar in until it can old no more per 35cl of voddy. Is soo good, cant really taste the voddy. Well no burning throat from the toilet cleaner they call tesco own brand. It is one of my five a day and tastes the best of any voddy infusions i have tried. :)

wow, takes longer than i thought

so if i wanted to make rhubarb & custard vodka

• buy cheap vodka

• pour half into diff container

• add some rhubarb and custard sweets to vodka

• leave to dissolve

can anyone give me a rough idea of how many rhubarb and custards to add per say litre? Or any measurement, so I can work it out for the amount i make

I know it's probably mostly trial and error, but I don't want to make it too sweet and have wasted it:)

You could always try adding a pack, periodically shaking like a sod over a few hours until most are dissolved. Take a straw, insert into the bottle (past the ming), put thumb over straw, withdraw goodness. If it's not sweet enough/one's face screws up and a declaration of "Jebus Christ on a trike that's strong!" is uttered, add more sweets.

Ah screw it all - whisky and a hip flask :unsure:.