Early Entry Tickets

Guest future-sailor

Please do search the forums, because this question has been asked SO many times before, and is even addressed clearly on the website itself.

HOWEVER you have to buy an early entry ticket in the same process that you buy the normal ticket, from a wholesaler (ticketmaster, or SEEtickets etc), but in a separate transaction to buying the weekend ticket.

Having said that, you can also go down on the day and join the HUMONGOUS line to buy them on the gate. This however will involve lots of standing around, and the organisers do not encourage it as it gets very out of hand.

Please do search the forums, because this question has been asked SO many times before, and is even addressed clearly on the website itself.

HOWEVER you have to buy an early entry ticket in the same process that you buy the normal ticket, from a wholesaler (ticketmaster, or SEEtickets etc), but in a separate transaction to buying the weekend ticket.

Having said that, you can also go down on the day and join the HUMONGOUS line to buy them on the gate. This however will involve lots of standing around, and the organisers do not encourage it as it gets very out of hand.

The main entrance is the quickest way if you actually have an early entry.

I know they hint at this every year, and never say they're actually going to sell on the gate, but I thought they weren't going to be ALLOWED to sell tickets on the day as of this year? They blatantly will in the end, for safety reasons. But isn't the official line that NO tickets of any type will be on the door this year?

• 2 weeks later...

My suspicion is they'll have early birds on sale at the oracle (or by the river as you go in), but I'd be shocked if they actually have tickets. In 2006 you didn't need to queue, you could buy a ticket at 6pm (the advertised time that year) without any waiting. Okay, the rain helped. In 2007 the queues were about 2 hours, and by 2008 the people who got there at 2 were reportedly waiting until 11ish. Surely they can't afford for the urban myths to spread again, and any tickets they have in town, as they say, will simply be to cover for cock-ups with other ticket outlets.