What is this obsession with age?

Guest hallamboy

I see what is meant by the obsession with age but I think it's more to do with wondering whether they're in the minority/majorityjust out of interest, not because they mind other age groups going. I'm interested to know what the average age is but not because I want loads of my own age people there... I met lots of people last year and hardly any of them were my age. In fact the nicest people I met were a couple in their 60s.

But about young people wanting to pull, you can really tell in some of the posts that that's completely what they're thinking! (not that everyone is thinking that, or that there's anything wrong with it)

There's been some good posts here. I agree with most of what's been said- yes it's natural to want to identify with and communicate with others who share a common factor like age groups or home towns- but let's not forget the sentiment of the original poster Hallamboy. He's basically saying very cool things about chilling out and breaking down the age barriers- and that is something quite special to Glasto. I know I'm now classified as a 'vet'... but over the years I have had chats with so many different inidividuals that I would never otherwise have met and this sort of thing is much less likely at other large festies. As for age specifically... not many people enjoy getting older... I certainly don't as I love living and I have always felt the clock ticking! But as my friends will testify I behave pretty much like I did when I was 18 (or younger) most of the time. You don't have to become serious and boring as you get older! It's nice that at Glasto there's not the animosity you sometimes get from kids who assume that older people are not worth talking to.