gazebo?

Guest matt0502

Going to glasto for the first time this year. Its the first time I won't have to worry about exams! Plus I'll have just graduated, so i'll hopefully be celebrating.

Normally go to V, and they don't allow you to bring gazebos. We normally take one anyway.

My question is, is there a similar rule at glasto? If there is, how strict is it?

Thanks,

Gazebos were mentioned after the 2007 Festival in the council's debrief report about over-crowding in the camping areas (amongst other things). In 2008 GFL asked that everyone be sensible. I camp in Dragon and the camp-site stewards went around to all, warning that security had been threatening to remove all gazebos. Nothing did happen though.

Our gazebo was about 75% over four small dome tents, we had space in the middle barely big enough to fit a couple of people. However just near us was a tent-circle of about a dozen, at least, tents and about an acre of land in the middle with a huge camp fire.

Edited by r0cky

No heavy gazebo for me this year, Quechua tarp all the way...

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/tarp-35283949/

Can I just add, without meaning to sound like a miserable old git....I have no problem with gazebo's but just be sensible, they're great to have a covered area between tents but don't use them to extend your pitching area too much. Someone had a 20 foot thing in Paines field in 2007 and never f'in used the thing, you could have got 3 or 4 tents in the space they used.