AMEF (Arts Meets Entertainment Festival)

Guest Joshuwarr

Last year it was a one day festival near Corby, Northants and it was a huge success by the looks of it. The music was great (if not too predominantly indie) and there was much to do. The event promoted green issues, there was a nice chillout tent (equipped with instruments), food stalls, merchandise, DJ tent, comedy stage (with the odd open mic performance), Main Stage and general oddities. There was a few workshops going on as well. It is a perfect festival for the family and I think this year it is going to be a two day event (at least) with camping facilities I hear. I definitely recommend it.

The event will take place over the first weekend of August and is a must for anyone in the local area or festival lovers in general. It is certainly a unique event and the location it is set in is peaceful.

Here are some pictures I've stolen from their myspace:

l_0ee9e4e685819c408792ebf7da0544ec.jpg

l_19216efc02a6acec5a7538103c25ddb2.jpg

l_b88ccde51910a2bba31e6e98276445c8.jpg

l_3349a9dc047a61ec11e3490c01d23f6c.jpg

It pissed it down with rain at one point but everyones spirits kepts up and we all got soaked. Then it warmed up and we all watched some amazing bands as the sun set.

Rumoured acts for this year: Blood Red Shoes, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip