Astoria London

Guest oscar

With the Astoria closing I was just wondering if anyone had any memorys of the theatre they might like to share.

Mine are my first stage dive at a Sacred Reich show 90-91.Crowd opened and I hit the deck. :)

Saw Slayer,Megadeth,Black sabbath,S.O.A.D.,Ministry,Alice Cooper,Ozzy,The Almighty,Monster Magnet,Orange Goblin,Sepultura,W.A.S.P.,Suicidal Tendencies,Rob Zombie,Fear Factory,Morbid Angel,Cathedral,Napalm Death,+ many others there.

Personally I will miss the Astoria was not the best venue but was easy to get to and saw some great bands.Will miss having a beer in the Keith Moon Bar as well. :)

R.I.P. Astoria.

Yep, seen a few gigs there. Will be sadly missed.

Rage Against The Machine

Green Day

Machine Head

Down

Less Than Jake

Fu Manchu

Audioslave

Deftones

Incubus

I'm sure there's more. Not a bad list for a relatively small venue. Haven't been there for quite a while though.

So with the closure of the Astoria, where is there left to go? Im probably older than most of you - a 'Marquee (Wardour Street) veteran' - and Astoria 2 put me in mind of the Marquee. But where is there now? Of the smaller, more intimate venue I mean.

:huh: