Star Wars

Guest nightcrawler13

I hadn't realised Jar Jar Binks was black. Do you get black gungans? Or white ones for that matter?

I thought the Jinglish of the Trade Federation was fairly offensive. Did they tone down their accents for their subsequent appearanes?

Edited by sifimaster

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did. As Jules Winnfield.

I'm still a bit bitter about the farce that was the Clone Wars animation that I watched the other week. Not that I should have expected anything else.

I'm hoping that Lucas is going to put the whole business to bed now. No more cartoons and no episodes VII - IX.

You do well to avoid the cartoons. I've only seen the one that they released at the flix last summer. It was horrid.

The problem with VII - IX is with the casting. Would they cast the old cast? Because that would simply descend into cheese, in my opinion. I just don't think it's feesible.

Mind you, the early Star Trek film that is coming out looks quite good from the trailers. So never say never, I guess.

Edited by oafc0000

If they were to make more films, they should make a proper version of Knights Of The Old Republic.

Because it's totally f**king awesome.

And they could cast Megan Fox as Bastila. Drool. :huh:

he cant make 4,5 & 6... he wouldnt use the expanded universe, he would go ahead and make his own stuff up (his right to do). The Expanded Universe would be destroyed, no amount of retconning could fix the destruction 3 new films post ROTJ would cause. No Thawn, no Pellaeon, no Dalla, no Vong, no Koornacht Cluster. The Starwars Universe, as those who have done more than watch the films and play the games, would cease to exist...

Regarding the films. I think ANH is the weakest of the originals. I was disapointed in the prequels till right at the end of AOTC when I saw this:

then I knew The Empire was coming back and that everything was, ahem, going according to design.

I would rate them thus:

1 - it would have ranked higher if no for the fact the there are Gungans, eugh...

having said that abut the gungans, if Binks hadnt put to the vote granting the Chancellor emergeny powers, well then... no Empire.

Edited by sheep21

There are two people responsible for changing the fate of the galaxy at it's source in each of the trilogies.

The original, first "f*ck up", as reported by Simon Pegg, was the gunner on the Star Destroyer at the start of the original film who told the gunner to not fire on the escape pod containing the stolen plans. End result = Empire f*cked. All because they wanted to save one blast from a cannon, cheap bastards.

The second is the new f*ck up - and it's Qui Gon Jinn. He's responsible for everything. If he didn't save the retard Jar Jar Binks, or bring him along on his quest, then Jar Jar wouldn't have voted the Chancellor his emergency powers. Nice one Jedi douche. Although he did figure out how to be a ghost, and while he was kind enough to tell his Jedi mates (except Anakin, who became a ghost for some other reason - ah plot holes are fun), really he did leave it pretty f*cking late to spead that news, waiting until AFTER most of the Jedi were killed to go spread the wonderful news. Notice how he's also responsible for finding Darth Vader - a person who grew to be so twisted he would later abuse his own daughter in a prison cell with some syringes attached to a floating testicle.

The man is an arse.

There are two people responsible for changing the fate of the galaxy at it's source in each of the trilogies.

The original, first "f*ck up", as reported by Simon Pegg, was the gunner on the Star Destroyer at the start of the original film who told the gunner to not fire on the escape pod containing the stolen plans. End result = Empire f*cked. All because they wanted to save one blast from a cannon, cheap bastards.