Campervans at Wychwood

Guest al_coholic

Thinking of going to Wychwood for the first time in 2009. Been to plenty of other festivals, I would be taking the campervan because have young kids and it is easier. However just a couple of questions:

1. Was there enough space in the C/van field in 2008 after the overcrowding problems of 2007 ?

2. Is it easy to get in and out of the C/van field especially on the Monday morning? Don't want to be doing

a V festival and taking all day to get out.

Thanks

Thinking of going to Wychwood for the first time in 2009. Been to plenty of other festivals, I would be taking the campervan because have young kids and it is easier. However just a couple of questions:

1. Was there enough space in the C/van field in 2008 after the overcrowding problems of 2007 ?

2. Is it easy to get in and out of the C/van field especially on the Monday morning? Don't want to be doing

a V festival and taking all day to get out.

Thanks

Hey there Mister Blue...... have yer got the piss stains out of your lasses troos yet?

--anyway-- I deliberatley left out the more "obvios" treks---- thinking the question was aimed at this type of fest as in size of numbers.

Still has to be said--for a fest of this size (numbers) --you are quite a way from the main action.

We just wouldnt contemplate the bigger ones now --with the bairns--its just too much chew and heartache and worry.

We are now firmly in the lower eschelon of fests --and friggin love it... I mean-- who would want to forego the opportunity of meeting the likes of thou on a semi-regualr basis.

Blue-boo-pee-doo.

den

Again, I find myself siding with MrBlue - the CV area at Wychwood is an absolute dawdle - especially compared to Glastonbury. Must be all of 800 yards from the Festival arena, AND it's all on the FLAT for god's sake, unlike Glastonbury's infamous 'hill of death'.

Denis, you need an engine on that buggy of yours - or maybe lay off the lash!

Original poster is right though - 2007 was way too rammed and, as I've hinted before, subject to the 'grass gestappo' - you MUST park where I'm pointing, within 4.43 metres of that one and not more than 3.3 metres from the racecourse fencing.......Last year was still pretty crowded.

Get there early - not like these Northern Part-Timers - Friday Night! The Festivals nearly over by then.......especially with it's 11pm watershed.

Thanks for the responses. I have done Glasto twice with a camper and to be fair it has been easy both times, second time was even better as in the Childrens C/van field right by Gate C. Although at Glasto you do notice the walk wherever you are. Think we will go for Wychwood this year, like Den said, the big festies are a nightmare with the kids and a van, we are hopefully going to deposit kids with Grandparents for Glasto and go alone.

Ey --some of us have livings to earn y`know--we not all friggin loaded like thou and can live on an island.

All you have to do is load yer little red thing up with Tinz and shove a few vegetables in (which run out quickly enough for you to scrounge em of others. Drink of course isnt an issue with you cos you dont bring any--once again preferring to winch it of Friendly Northerners).

AND --we`ve got thousands of miles to drive to get Darn Sarth--- Silkes ample breasts swelling with tit-milk at Ferrybridge Services etc etc--you have none of this do you.... BUT -- BUT even though we might arrive late-- we PLAY late--not like thou..... back in that likkle red van at 11.15pm with a sponged cup of Horlicks and a digestive, tuggin yersell off over Kula Shaker and Kate Rusty.... ha! --and you call us?

Haddaway an shite yer veggie exile!

den

....and it IS a tough walk up that hill to the arena--lashed or not!

...actually, as I lay in my hammock at lunch time, with a vege samosa and a Malibu and Pineapple Juice - overlooking my Island tea plantation, watching the brown koolies getting the crop in, my mind drifted back to that charming northern town of Cheltenham and it's annual Wychwood Festival - and I realised........IT'S ONLY ABOUT 400 yards from the campervan field, up the side of the racecourse, over the metal track across the racetrack, and into the Festival Arena.

You Northerners have it way too easy if you call that an uphill struggle!

Why, when I were a lad, back in the slums of Glasgow, before I discovered the secret ingredient to Irn Bru.......................blah, blah

...actually, as I lay in my hammock at lunch time, with a vege samosa and a Malibu and Pineapple Juice - overlooking my Island tea plantation, watching the brown koolies getting the crop in, my mind drifted back to that charming northern town of Cheltenham and it's annual Wychwood Festival - and I realised........IT'S ONLY ABOUT 400 yards from the campervan field, up the side of the racecourse, over the metal track across the racetrack, and into the Festival Arena.

You Northerners have it way too easy if you call that an uphill struggle!

Why, when I were a lad, back in the slums of Glasgow, before I discovered the secret ingredient to Irn Bru.......................blah, blah

Solution - me, you and a tape measure - next May