security laws

Guest partyhard

im a regular festival goer i also do a lot of close protection training would like to let some people on this site know some laws

regarding handcuffs anyone in the united kingdom are allowed to carry handcuffs

if sita trained you can actually use them profeciently

however there is no clear law so security companies carry them because if needed they are not shunned by the police at all and can be a very effective method of restraining a danger either to him herself or others

from what i heard at the festival there were 2 assults against women alot of drug dealing which resulted in overdose,s , threats of knife assult and a live gun incident in which at 8 am looking out of my tent there were armed police on site

and people think that security officers were not doing there job

they wear stab vests for the saftey it is common place

handcuffs are repeatedly common and so are dogs

get used to what you have seen guys because this is going to be the norm and festivals

these guys are trained and i saw alot of them were close protection licensed there are various types of sia license you can aquire and close protection is the hardest and most expensive av £ 4000 and a 75 percent failure rate these guys are professionals at every level and a lot are ex military

esp are a reputable company and have stopped a lot of incidents going on just because you didnt see it doesnt mean things dont go on

i kept my eyes open

as far as dogs are concerned i wasnt there at the time of that alleged incident but dogs are trained to be loud and aggresive thats what there there for intimidation they would have been trained its against the law use untrained dogs and unlicensed handlers the festivals would get closed down and they wouldn t have gained insurance

with threats of violence , knives and guns from people high on drugs there zero tolerance attitude can only be commended and like i said this is becoming the norm

no one likes it when at 3 am your having a great time and some heavys come and spoil the fun but you cant blame them for upholding licensing laws and doing there job

any comments let me know

timothy

from what i heard at the festival there were 2 assults against women alot of drug dealing which resulted in overdose,s , threats of knife assult and a live gun incident in which at 8 am looking out of my tent there were armed police on site

i've just spoken to Flounder (who is currently on holiday) about these things (which are all new to me) and he's told me:-

1. one guy assaulted two women, and was immediately removed from site. He was, apparently, *very* off his head and it's a possibility that he was actually sectioned as a result (tho Flounder wasn't certain if this was the case). This was one of the two times that the Police were called onto site over the weekend.

2. there were no reports of any drug dealing to security or the organisers over the weekend (tho of course, like with any group of people anywhere, there might have been some going on).

3. there were no reported knife threats at the festival.

4. There was a report of a something which might have been a gun - this led to the proper implementation of procedures for this sort of threat, which did result in armed police turning up on site (the second time they were called onto site over the weekend). No gun was found.

The full story is this is as follows: a person who wasn't in a sober state was in their tent one morning (I think Flounder said Saturday), and a blunt object was pushed against the side of the tent which looked as tho it might have been a gun to the person inside the tent. This person reported what they'd seen to security, and security took the proper steps by calling the police to investigate. A sweep was made of the site and nothing was found, and it was concluded that what had been seen very probably wasn't a gun.

I felt it was best that these comments were properly addressed, so that what has been posted by 'partyhard' isn't taken as absolute fact when they're not.

Hi, I live locally and have informally talked to local Police who attended the festival on what must have been the "head case" incident and that was all they did or knew about the festival. These two coppers thought it was a great event and had no problem with it at all, of course that is all informal but bodes well I feel.

personally the only obvious drug dealing i saw on site was alcohol in the bars (although i'm sure the odd spliff was passed around).

i can't believe what i've read on this forum today. ok, it was a surprise to see the paramilitary style apparatus of security but this seems de rigeur in that field (our local coppers now always wear stab vests, which make them look like the SS, even tho it is an area with very little violent crime).

all i heard was someone remonstrating about being searched (fair enough) and security pointing out they'd been too obvious (own fault then?). this was one of the occasions that the police were around the gate so, i suppose, they had to be seen doing their job for the sake of the credibility of the best fest around.

this was nothing like glastonbury in the 80's and early 90's when things did get scary.

endorse-it is great and i would recommend it to anyone, especially to take kids - we can all do better at policing ourselves and there would be less need for police/security but that's another debate.

thanks for another great one, see you next year

glazz

ps whoever said on the website 'it's ok, it's a chalk site and drains really well' needs to be held down, tickled with a feather and covered in mud :lol:

ps whoever said on the website 'it's ok, it's a chalk site and drains really well' needs to be held down, tickled with a feather and covered in mud :)

B):)

You're not wrong! :O

This year was their first wet one, and it's what they thought would be the case. It has to be said that the ground did hold up quite well for a while, but eventually those tramping feet did for it .... but even then, although there was mud everywhere, it was very shallow mud and I didn't feel the need to get out my wellies to replace my waterproof shoes (which where more than adequate). The state of the ground looked terrible but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it looked overall when compared to many other festie sites.

You can't blame us three.... B)