Wooded area up the top

Guest nogingerfool

Why was the wooded area closed this year ? a big let down for my and other peoples kids after a previous post a reply by flounder implied that it would return with the dragon fairy paintings etc like in 2006, last year it was sparse but atleast open this year fences and patrols in and around the grounds was this the farmers request or yours ?not a issue with many i would imagine but it was all our kids went on about on the week leading to the festival (A.K.A, The dark place in our house )the replacement ?alternative area for kids in the white tent was crap some broken toys and some one playing rock music is not on the same planet as them getting to run through the woods or play on a tyre swing .If as we heard the lock out reason was to do with fence jumpers its a poor/easy/lame/ one that requiried a couple of security to watch the area than than deprive all others , as for the security its been covered on both sides on here, but from a personal view they were fine and helpful on one occasion, A big thank you for the old wooden kids swings that were only a £1 for a very very long shot, i know you asked them to keep it a £1 a go per child to keep our costs down for parents so a thumbs up their, beer and food all priced at a decent level no gripes their , but it has changed over the years and now feels bigger with more structure and order about the whole event,entertainment in genral the bands comedy etc was as usual a broad church that keeps everyone entertained so wel ldone their ,though RDF should be invited back (they think you have issues with them )do you? lol anyway wont be buying earlybird this year will decide nearer the time.Get the woods open get the security dogs off the site and sort out the farce off getting in on tyhe friday its inexperience of the staff causing those waits nothing else

Why was the wooded area closed this year ? a big let down for my and other peoples kids after a previous post a reply by flounder implied that it would return with the dragon fairy paintings etc like in 2006, last year it was sparse but atleast open this year fences and patrols in and around the grounds was this the farmers request or yours ?not a issue with many i would imagine but it was all our kids went on about on the week leading to the festival (A.K.A, The dark place in our house )the replacement ?alternative area for kids in the white tent was crap some broken toys and some one playing rock music is not on the same planet as them getting to run through the woods or play on a tyre swing .If as we heard the lock out reason was to do with fence jumpers its a poor/easy/lame/ one that requiried a couple of security to watch the area than than deprive all others , as for the security its been covered on both sides on here, but from a personal view they were fine and helpful on one occasion, A big thank you for the old wooden kids swings that were only a £1 for a very very long shot, i know you asked them to keep it a £1 a go per child to keep our costs down for parents so a thumbs up their, beer and food all priced at a decent level no gripes their , but it has changed over the years and now feels bigger with more structure and order about the whole event,entertainment in genral the bands comedy etc was as usual a broad church that keeps everyone entertained so wel ldone their ,though RDF should be invited back (they think you have issues with them )do you? lol anyway wont be buying earlybird this year will decide nearer the time.Get the woods open get the security dogs off the site and sort out the farce off getting in on tyhe friday its inexperience of the staff causing those waits nothing else

Just to clarify some information about the wood. In 2006 we had a healing area in the wood however the healers have stated that they would prefer to be located in the campsite. Last year we put children's workshops in the wood near the family camping area however this year we had no appropriate applications. A lot of work went into the kids are this year and there was a superb selection of entertainment for the children. The teenagers had their own tent which was organised by local Young People and it was great to see young local bands and DJ's have their opportunity to play. lThe festival hasn't actually got any bigger, but thankfully it has become more organised. Entry to the festival on Friday is always extremely busy but I think the stewards and staff coped well. in my experience many festivals suffer long queues on entry, and thankfully we do not block up the local roads which would cause the highways agencies concern.

We gave financial supplementation in order to keep kids rides prices down (we are all parents who have been on the receiving end of persistent nagging!!!) and we do try to keep the prices for beer and food down each year,

Many thanks for your comments and I hope this answers a few of your questions.

I really enjoyed the woods last year - as a 'grown up' I loved just taking a couple of minutes out of the scorching sunshine of the festival to wander about up there and chill in the peace and quiet and just enjoy the pretty light coming down through the leaves. At twilight it was quite magical as well, and had a lovely vibe, so I was definitely looking forward to going back there this year, and had mentioned it to lots of people as a wonderful part of the Endorse-It festival experience.

So if there is any way to reopen it up next year that would be really great. Just a few bits of tinsel from the branches is fine with me, I know the kids liked the rope swing and running about in there generally. I'd guess there could be a security patrol on the far perimeter on the outside of the woods if there is a concern over fence jumpers, too much security actually inside the wood might lose some of the atmosphere - especially with dogs, though some very low key security on behalf of the kids might be an idea, in case Gary Glitter or any of his cronies decided to lurk about in there possibly. Please bring the wood back for next year??????

We gave financial supplementation in order to keep kids rides prices down (we are all parents who have been on the receiving end of persistent nagging!!!) and we do try to keep the prices for beer and food down each year,

Many thanks for your comments and I hope this answers a few of your questions.