Bloom Festival 2008

Guest 3puddings

Anybody excited yet? I really should get off this bloody computer and start bloody packing. I got some of the booze left over from last weekend so I'll make a fresh batch of Cherry Bakewell

Scooby :D

Edited by scooby-doo

2am, the full line up's on the Bloom forum now too...

Well I had a fookin awesome time! The council had put restririctions on the noise after 12 so if Bloom goes ahead next year they will be looking for a new venue.

It's only their 3rd year so I thought they did a wicked job considering that it didn't sell too well so they had less funds, and the weather was atrocious, making the atmosphere difficult to cultivate with more and more people hiding out in their tents.

Good work though, the fancy dress was hilarious, and had some very surreal and amazing moments this weekend!! THANKS BLOOM!!

*was after 11 pm, but hey. I didn't reall bother with the dance tents after it went quiet, i need it loud :)

It was a bit disorganised, and ticket sales were poor. Complete lack of sleep over fri and sat and having to bail out (getting rain water out of a sleeping bag is impossible) of my tent on the sat wasn't good. The all night cafe was great though, and generally the music on the main stage was v good.

...hope Bloom survives this year and there is more to come. Have a feeling they will struggle though. :):lol:

Me too, I think they struggled this year like so many other small festivals - it's a shame because I really like the way they do things, they're clearly party people doing it for party people rather than to line their own pockets.

They have spoken about looking into another venue for next year though so maybe there's hope! And I reckon we'd be unlucky to have such bad weather at the next one if it's still in August - those temperatures must be unheard of for August!! GRR!

Sorry to hear about your tent Krisskross, I know how miserable it can be having a rubbish tent and wet belongings!!

Did anyone see me? I was Craig David during the day and Ali G at night? I had a few ppl from the Bloom furum come up and say hello and had a good chat with the guy dressed as Dot cotton. Were any of u lot in any cloober I would of rekonized?

Scooby ;)

I think I saw you dressed as Craig David actually. There were about 10 of us dressed as bees (including a Bumble Beadle), Stewie Griffin, Cartman, Dangermouse, Amy Winehouse, a Garden Gnome, a Darlek, Andy from Little Brittain, a Big Baby, Fred Flintstone and a glow up stick man............did you see any of us?

• 7 months later...

Just bumping this as I got emailed yesterday the line up for this years festival, in what looks like a new location and the line up looks pretty good to me for only £75.

Is anyone else either going or thinking of going to this?

http://bloomfestival.com/