Bloom Festival 2008

Guest 3puddings

• 1 month later...

This looks really good. Seemed to miss this on my 'look out for small cheap festies'. Any idea how long the earlybird price will be till? So do you recommend Bloom then?

• 2 weeks later...

First lineup news!! ;):blink:

Akil The MC (Jurassic 5)

Autokratz

The Black Seeds (Sonar Kollective)

Brand New Heavies (Original full live band)

Ewan Pearson

Florence and the Machine

Freeform Five

The Glimmers

High Contrast

Hot8 Brass Band

James Yuill

Justin Robertson

Kraak & Smaak

Kissy Sell Out

Ladyhawke

The Lionheart Brothers

London Breakbeat Orchestra

Max Sedgley & The Shoots

Meat Katie

The Part Time Heroes

Roni Size "Reparazent" LIVE

Roisin Murphy

Super Nashwan

Scratch Perverts

Shuffle

Tunng

I've been wanted to go to this since it started. As Glade is getting expensive I might go this year has anyone been to both? Which is better coz it looks like a Gladey type festival.

Cheers

Scooby :D

• 1 month later...

I'm all over this like a flannel - it was AWESOME last year, so much fun!! We got our tickets a couple of months ago, there's 30-40 of us going after we spread the word after last years corker! Definitely the nicest festival I've been to and the people were WICKED!!

Anyone else going this year?

Will be my first Bloom I'm gunna be working with Peppermint bars. I've already paid a deposit to work at Glade so I thought what the hey! I've been wanting to go 4 ages but none of my mates are ever up 4 it they never like trying something new so I'm going solo. I gather that it's a really nice festival and shouldn't be a problem making new friends.

Looking forward to it

Scooby :P

Great idea! Not many of my mates tried it last year as it was something new but since we've raved about it they're all up for it.

You're right, it won't be a problem making friends - plus because the capacity is relatively small, you keep bumping into the same people who end up being your mate by the end of it anyway!

Great idea! Not many of my mates tried it last year as it was something new but since we've raved about it they're all up for it.

You're right, it won't be a problem making friends - plus because the capacity is relatively small, you keep bumping into the same people who end up being your mate by the end of it anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

Bloom Festival

8th, 9th & 10th of August 2008

Year 3 for this special little event. Taking place on a brand new site just outside of Cheltenham, this really is shaping up to be one of the highlights of the summer!! Expect 6000 smiley people having far to much fun in the sun. Weekend tickets are priced at just £85.00, which for an event which boast headliners such as Roni Size, Roisin Murphy, The Brand New Heavies and The Stereo MCs, this really is quite the bargain of the summer. For full details hit the website link below:

www.bloomfestival.com

A5_Guardian-1-1.jpg

* Akil the MC (Jurassic 5)

* Ame (Innervisions)

* Another Fine Mess

* Autokratz

* Average White DJ

* Barry Adamson

* Beardyman

* Benga

* Brand New Heavies

* Buoyancy

* Cagedbaby

* Caspa

* Chew the Fat!

* Chris Woodward

* Dan Foat (Phonica Records)

* Darius Syrossian

* Deep Groove

* Detectives of Perspective

* Dim Sum

* DJ Shine

* Dom Kreep

* Drum Club

* DrumAttic Twins

* Dubnium

* Dubnium DJs

* Elite Force

* Evil Nine

* Ewan Pearson

* Finger Lickin’ 10 Year Anniversary

* Flipron

* Florence and the Machine

* Freeform Five

* Futureboogie

* Good Groove

* High Contrast

* Hot 8 Brass Band

* I Ruff

* I-Dread

* Itchysoul

* James Yuill

* Jaymin Doe

* Just Jack

* Justin Robertson

* Kathy Diamond

* Kid Fiesta

* Kissy Sell Out

* Kraak & Smaak

* Kyte

* Lady Free

* London Breakbeat Orchestra

* Luke Solomon

* Maurice Fulton

* Max Sedgley and The Shoots

* MC Tenja

* Meat Katie

* Mids

* Neil Thornton & Johnny Hiller (Lasermagnetic)

* Nick Luscombe

* Nookie

* Part Time Heroes

* Paul T

* Phonica Records

* Qumulus

* Riton

* Rob Mello

* Roisin Murphy

* Roni Size “Reprazent”

* Scratch Perverts

* Shades of Rhythm

* Shuffle

* Slyde

* Soft Rocks

* Soul of Man

* Super Nashwan

* Tawdry-G

* The Bays

* The Black Seeds

* The Blast

* The Glimmers

* The Nextmen

* The Presets

* The She Creatures

* Thumbs Aloft

* Tommy Rio

* Trojan Soundsystem

* Tunng

* Two Long Peoples

* Unabombers present the Electric Chair

* Urbanite

* XX Teens

Edited by Gee Boy

• 2 weeks later...

I do, did a couple of little local ones last year and they were awesome! Ah, I love making festival neighbour friends, we're still in touch with our neighbours from Gatecrasher too <_<

Cherry Bakewell cocktails? Please go on..........!!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I was addicted to the Glasto boards for weeks!

I highly recommend Bloom, I stumbled across the website last year and my friend and I decided to go, 3 other people decided they'd come too and then another 5 met us there on the Saturday and a few local Bristolians we convinced to go. Everyone loved it so much we're all going back this year, but with about 30 of our best mates who had to see it for themselves this time! The people are fantastic, it's so chilled but a proper party when you want it to be. It's so obvious that it's put on for party people by people who love to party - that comes across in every aspect of the festival, it's not about the money with these guys and they seem LOVELY!

Haven't been to Glade but I'm sure I can find someone who's been to both who can compare - I don't think Bloom is as hectic as Glade and is smaller but from what I understand, the atmosphere sounds similar to the first Glade.

Hope this helps xx ;D

By joining the Bloom team, you can enjoy the festival for free, learn new skills and make new friends!

BAR STAFF

Our friends at Peppermint Bars need help behind the scenes to operate all of the bars at this years Bloom. In exchange for your hard work (2 X 6-8 hour shifts) you'll be given free entry and provided with a meal and two free drinks from the bar for each shift completed. Sign up through the web link below:

www.festivalvolunteer.co.uk

LITTER PICKERS

This year our waste management is being run by Network Recycle, who manage litter picking at many of the major UK festivals. You will be required to work 3 X 4 hour shifts, which leaves plenty of time to enjoy the festival! If you would like to join this team then please email caroline@bloomfestival.com

STEWARDS

We are delighted to be working with Oxfam this year. If you would like to apply for a Stewarding role at Bloom this summer you will need to click the link below and fill out the registration form online:

www.oxfam.org

Peace :D

Bloom Festival

Edited by BloomFestival

Cherry Bakewell Cocktail is Katsters (efests) cocktail mix 1 part vodka, 1part ameretto, 1 part grenidine, 1 part cherry brandy and a ltr of pineapple juice and it is to die 4! I always come armed with a big 2ltr bottle.

Wots your costume then? Or is it a surprise? I will be wearing my Ali G costume to carry on my tradition this yr.

I was supposed to be working with Peppermint bars but they withdrew me due to poor sign ups but out of good faith they gave me a free ticket! YAY!

See u there. If u bump into Ali G show some love

Scooby :rolleyes:

Wow that cocktail sounds amazing Scooby! I saw that you're not working anymore on the Bloom Forum (my name on there is 3 puddings Kenny) what a shame! Still there seems to be a few peeps going on their own to Bloom this year.

If you see anyone in a cow print jester hat and a zippy hoody that'll be me, come and say Hi!

There's a few of us going as bees, no idea what everyone else is doing though as they're all surprises.....shame I couldn't really afford anything outrageous this year :P

Krisskross and Bspeed - any ideas about fancy dress yet?