Ever catch a drumstick/plectrum?

Guest Lithium05

(inspired by some zebrahead plectrums going on ebay for 99p)

I have been to 50+ gigs and 11 festivals and not once have I managed to catch a drumstick or a plectrum. I've decided to double my efforts. All I have to show for my excurtions are ticket stubs and over-priced t-shirts! Yet my mate managed to catch a Linkin Park drumstick at the first gig he ever went to!

I'm sure there are some of "the lucky people" about. So what you got and who from? (and if you've got alot of memorabilia what are your tactics?!)

I've got: Serj Tankian/InMe, Bowling for Soup, Alter Bridge, Black Stone Cherry, Airbourne and New Found Glory to come this year and I don't plan on leaving all of them empty handed :blink:

Edited by Lithium05

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got hit in the side of the head by a drumstick thrown by Brad Wilk at the end of the Audioslave set in 2003, leading to a mild concussion and some arsehole stealing the drumstick from my shoulder.

This after my mate nearly got beaten up for pouring a pint of piss in a girl's shoe by accident.

All in all a successful evening!

Got a Pearl Jam plec (which i stupidly gave away to mate), a slayer setlist and a jesters hat at reading 2006.

So close to getting a drumstick at flogging molly. Some guy grabbed it at the same time and we both fell back onto the floor. I kinda gave up when i saw that he was twice the size of me. Well gutted.

The majority of my stuff is Allister-related. I idolised them in my youf' and seriously must've seen them about 20 times, in about four different countries. So i've got the obvious, setlists, drumsticks, bass picks, regular picks tshirts, signed albums, the absolute works. Other stuff I've got is a Whitmore poster signed by the band, and Army of Freshmen poster signed by the band, a New Found Glory setlist from 2003, InMe setlist, Fightstar picks and setlists, Zebrahead stuff, Bowling for Soup stuff and other stuff like that. So not really anything big......

....Until you get to the back of my wardrobe:D

I've got a Fall Out Boy tshirt, handed to me by Pete when they played at Nottingham. They're black tshirts, with Pete, Patrick, Joe and Andy writtten on them. They each came out on stage with them, and Pete took his off halfway through and handed it to me :blink:

Got several plectrums, drumsticks and setlists lying about.

I've caught a couple during gigs, but only when slightly back from the front, it's harder to catch them when you're right against the barrier, but most of them I've picked up by asking the roadies when they're clearing up the stage afterwards.

I've caught a fair few things at gigs, probably the best one being Kerry Kings plectrum from Leeds 2006

Dave Grohls plectrum at Underworld, James Hetfields plectrum at Wembley, and one of the Edguy guitarists plectrums.

Narrowly missed out on Lars handing me his drumstick in Prague. Travis Smith (Trivium) handed me a drumstick at the maida vale studio before getting it signed by the band.