So its over for another year

Guest michala

Think some of it was a bit.....mad to say the least. The big top had no securuty monitoring how many people were going in and out and there were such big crowds outside the big top that people inside were taking up to forty minutes to get out. Not a pleasant experience...think this defo needs looked at for next year. Even strongbow rooms/havana club measures how many people can get in it!!

Festival first seemed like a joke with them being told to go to left...but because queues were soo small for that they called everyone else over to it anyway.

Did anyone else notice that the police presence had also been increased this year..they seemed forever walking around campsites and during the sex pistols there seemed to be a fait few too...was secuirty not enough?

I felt unsafe more than once through queues and idiotic people who felt the need to push and shove. Lack of system at the toilets was appaling (again) come on festival, if your really struggling ask me to come and sort it for you. I can assure you I could work out a safe system.

Generally there were some brilliant moments, particularly the wit and bonhomie back at camp e-fest.

Obviously for me the most amazing moment was watching Arthur on the main stage. I was so proud of him and of all e-fest campers who's support was marvellous - thanks guys, we love you mwaaaah xxxxx -

Musically, the Sex Pistols delivered. I have to say though, apart from SP the best band I saw was Bjorn Again who rocked the Big Top (and it wasn't too crowded!).

All in all, it was a different IOW experience and I'm in two minds whether I would go again, line up would have to up the ante by quite a stretch.

Edited by indieheart

Had a great time (as always) but for me it lacked the buzz of last year. Not entirely sure why, on the whole i thought the line up was balanced enough and despite all my criticism i can now see why the sex pistols headlined.

I think the tent could be utilised better next year- great idea to have a second "stage" as previously i have found there can be some quite lengthy gaps between act's i want to see. It's all well and good having strongbow rooms etc but i'm really not into dance music and the majority of the time that is what they play, so to have an option for further live music was great. Shame they staggered it the way they did though as it meant that in reality when there was a cack act on the main stage, they had a DJ on in the tent. Still, was nice for those lucky ones who got to see headliners on both main stage and tent!

Personally felt things were generally well run, no hassle getting in, never got searched or sniffed (Coming in on the main road entrance) and the loo's were pretty safe on the whole. I agree about the one way systems though- some of the blocks seem quieter than others so i tend to just stick with the loo's by the main stage or back of the arena as i tend to find them easy to get in and out of.

Musically i really enjoyed it, had a good laugh, great weather, and a good vibe, but i just think trying to top last year was too difficult- there aren't many acts bigger or better than Muse and The Stones IMO.

I felt unsafe more than once through queues and idiotic people who felt the need to push and shove. Lack of system at the toilets was appaling (again) come on festival, if your really struggling ask me to come and sort it for you. I can assure you I could work out a safe system.

Generally there were some brilliant moments, particularly the wit and bonhomie back at camp e-fest.

Obviously for me the most amazing moment was watching Arthur on the main stage. I was so proud of him and of all e-fest campers who's support was marvellous - thanks guys, we love you mwaaaah xxxxx -

Musically, the Sex Pistols delivered. I have to say though, apart from SP the best band I saw was Bjorn Again who rocked the Big Top (and it wasn't too crowded!).

All in all, it was a different IOW experience and I'm in two minds whether I would go again, line up would have to up the ante by quite a stretch.

Had a great time, no real issues i had a blast.

The only poor thing was that it was a shame they had a big top. Would have been better to just keep barcardi tent instead and leave it to one stage thats the reason i love IOW.

Have to say a big thankyou to Pc for taking me to the the front during Sex pistol it was great, :O and not forgetting the lovely brian great moshing to mate. <_<

Had such a great saturday night, lots of singing and dancing and think lots of cider. :(

Think i'm suffering IOW withdrawal system, so to help me recover i've been out for a few ciders. :O

Hey indie; did anyone get a vid of Arthur? Gutted I missed it!

Had a blast this fest,more so then others,i mean it just gets better and better!! Great main stagers and massive big top sounds,managed to catch the smaller bands at the big top,little fish,acadia kicks and duke spirit all of which will find a slot in the cd rack soon enough.

High lights,going mental (i'm far too old to "mosh") to the Pistols,finger tips from the barrier and lost at least half a stone,saw Baz in passing twice,exchanged pleaseantries then back into the fray!!!!! Emergerd half way through Holiday in the Sun wringging wet fighting for fresh air and found myself amoungst dead people,lost my voice singing to the rest of the set and let me tell you putting the V's up to "god save the queen" made some people around faint in shock,bollocks!!

Starnglers,oh yes,more of that.

Ozzy floyd,jackpot.

Dancing our tits of in the "hipshaker".

Meeting people who make you think i'm in a pretty cool place.100%

Listening to a charles'dup estaste agent explaining how the new laws in the property field affect the business then going to bed and letting Baz sit up with him 'til 3 in the morning,then moan about it for most of the day,priceless.XXXXXXXXX :D

Edited by Parka and Bowling Shoes

woah that was difficult to read!

instead im sat here bored out of my brain watching it rain outside

ewww....you win!

awwww!!!