Comedy At Wychwood

Guest vampcherry

Now, I'm prepared to tolerate kids at a child friendly festival, but 11 o'clock at night in a comedy tent/bar is not where I want to hear them heckling comedians and throwing water over them. Granted one in particular was pants on Sunday night but it went on too long with no intervention by parents or stewards.

Boothby Graffoe was brilliant, though.

Now, I'm prepared to tolerate kids at a child friendly festival, but 11 o'clock at night in a comedy tent/bar is not where I want to hear them heckling comedians and throwing water over them. Granted one in particular was pants on Sunday night but it went on too long with no intervention by parents or stewards.

• 1 month later...

Just to add my four pennys worth. I was venue manager that night, and from where I was standing it appeared that the comedians were initially egging the kid on. It did not help that the kid in question had a triple A pass. For all we knew he could have been part of the act!

Also the more observant amongst you would have noticed that one of my stewards did intervene when the "water" incident occurred.

Anyway, a point for the future would be that should an age restriction be applied to the late night comedy evenings,or does this detract from the family friendliness of the festival?

Just to add my four pennys worth. I was venue manager that night, and from where I was standing it appeared that the comedians were initially egging the kid on. It did not help that the kid in question had a triple A pass. For all we knew he could have been part of the act!

Also the more observant amongst you would have noticed that one of my stewards did intervene when the "water" incident occurred.

Anyway, a point for the future would be that should an age restriction be applied to the late night comedy evenings,or does this detract from the family friendliness of the festival?