Shuttle Bus to Temple Meads on Monday

Uncle Jimbo

17 hours ago, Uncle Jimbo said:

I'm planning on catching a train at 7.30am & was wandering if anyone knew how long the shuttle bus took? 

They leave on the hour so I was thinking of getting the 6am one. Surely not much traffic at that time?

Thank you X

I've driven from the campervan at around 6am on a few Monday's, and as long as the bus leaves on time and there aren't any unexpected hold ups you should just about make the train. The bus is likely to take an hour or a little bit more.

I've got the shuttle to Temple Meads the past two years and they really vary on how long it takes altogether. The first year I got on the bus straight away about 8am but it just sat there for an hour or so before it left then took about an hour and a half to get to Bristol. 

Last year I again arrived probably about 8am and this time I had to wait about an hour or so before a bus even arrived. There were plenty of people waiting so I knew I hadn't just missed one. Once on it left fairly quickly and probably only took about 45mins to get to Bristol.

Basically, if I was catching a specific train I'd leave as early as possible as they don't really stick to set times.They just leave when a bus is there and once it's full. I'd aim to be at the bus for about 5am at the latest.