Campervan Tickets - How hard are they to get?

Lusty

Hi All,

Quick question on the campervan ticket sale.  How hard are the tickets to get?  I get the feeling from some of the other threads that it's a pain, but if I want a ticket and I try to get them right away will I get one eventually?  Or is it like the general tickets where a lot of people miss out?

I have a caravan hire lined up, but worried about paying the deposit if there's a chance I won't be able to get in the camper fields.  I'm not worried if I have to keep hammering the refresh button again as long as I'll get one eventually.

Cheers.

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:04 PM, eFestivals said:

it shouldn't be a problem getting CV tickets as long as you're pretty swift in buying when they go on sale.

It's nothing as bad as the main ticket sale, tho it's best to go for it the moment they go on sale.

Just wondering what "pretty swift" means? Do they tend to sell out in a an hour, a couple of hours, or days? Should I have an army of people ready when they go on sale with 10 devices each, like the ticket sale. Or will it be fine just me on my own having a go the afternoon they go on sale.

(I know previous years experience is not necessarily what will happen this time, but any information is always useful.)

3 hours ago, IanBelfast said:

Just wondering what "pretty swift" means? Do they tend to sell out in a an hour, a couple of hours, or days? Should I have an army of people ready when they go on sale with 10 devices each, like the ticket sale. Or will it be fine just me on my own having a go the afternoon they go on sale.

(I know previous years experience is not necessarily what will happen this time, but any information is always useful.)

Be ready to buy as soon as they go on sale, they will sell out in about 3 hours.  Don't have too many people helping, unless you can make sure no-one buys multiple tickets for your 1 van - there was no control last year about whether a registration number had already been used to buy a CV ticket, so if 3 mates all get through for you, and each buy one, you'll end with 3 tickets and 2 charges to get the excess tickets refunded.

12 hours ago, IanBelfast said:

Thanks.

And another question. I presume the announcement of the date and time of the accommodation tickets will be on the Glasto official site at some point. (I expect in the next few days.)

Yes, and as Neil said, on here also. I don't know if I'm mis-remembering, but I think we got an email too.