A short film we made for a group at Somersault festival

Your Momento

Hi Everyone,

I have just started a new company with my partner, and our goal is to use video footage you have taken yourself, and turn it into a short film for you to cherish forever.

We recently had a group of friends go to the Somersault Festival and I would like you guys to let me know what you think!! For example if it is something would be interested in having in the future as we are trying to gauge the kind of interest in the service!

Our name is Your Momento, and below is the film we created.

I'm not trying to sell anything to you guys :), just looking for any feedback and trying to gauge interest!

Cheers guys

Sean

For more information, check out our website and social media below!

Our Website

https://www.yourmomento.co.uk

Our Twitter

https://twitter.com/YourMomento

Our Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/yourmomento

Hello

I'm not too sure why you think people would want you (someone they don't know) to edit the footage they have taken of their special event, attendance at a festival etc. Surely if this is something they wanted to do it would be easy enough for them to do it themselves. In addition, they would know when to edit whereas you'd be going in blind and effectively just having a 'stab in the dark at it' ie you wouldn't know of the importance or nuances of some of the footage.

All that said, there are plenty of people who hand over the recording / editing of thier wedding day footage to strangers so maybe other people would take you up on this for other events. Personally I wouldn't though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thankyou for your reply even though you're not convinced! I'll take your comments on board. Just to reply to a few of them - 

As you say, some people may be able to edit a film together of their footage, but the majority of people cannot or do not have the software to do so. What we're offering is a professionally edited film produced by trained editors on industry standard software. Most people can make a photo book themselves but a lot pay websites such as Photobox to make the process easier, more convenient and of higher quality. This is what we do but with videos of special events, instead of photos. 

I definitely take your point about "going in blind" - we try and get round this issue by working closely with our customers and talking to them, asking them about these particular nuances you mention. 

But anyway, thanks for taking the time to write a reply - always welcome to constructive criticism!

Hello

I get your point about people not being able to do it. I am IT illiterate and just presumed that people could just download the softwear and get on with it themselves. I suppose not everybody has the time or inclination to do this, which works in your favour. I also like the idea that you already make steps to reduce the 'going in blind' gap that exists between you and your clients.

In fact, bollocks to it, I'm going to change my mind and say that I would use your services.