Not possible to view newest posts on mobile

Hi Neil,

Is it possible to have a button which goes directly to the newest post or page of posts for the mobile skin?

For example, when clicking thread it directs to unread posts or first page. The only way to get to newest page/post is to either post a reply or come out of mobile skin to do so.

Don't think I'm missing something. Although it's possible.

ta mate

bongos

Hi Neil,

Is it possible to have a button which goes directly to the newest post or page of posts for the mobile skin?

For example, when clicking thread it directs to unread posts or first page. The only way to get to newest page/post is to either post a reply or come out of mobile skin to do so.

Don't think I'm missing something. Although it's possible.

ta mate

bongos

if you're logged in, it should take you to the newest post that you've not read in a thread, rather than the first post. It certainly does for me.

if you're logged in, it should take you to the newest post that you've not read in a thread, rather than the first post. It certainly does for me.

Indeed Neil, that is the issue. However, if I just want to see the newest posts I have to either tap 'next' 100 times or come out of the mobile skin. Say there is a thread on announcement. As I have not been in that thread for I while I'm reading posts from February, when what I want is to see the latest developments.

Ta

Indeed Neil, that is the issue. However, if I just want to see the newest posts I have to either tap 'next' 100 times or come out of the mobile skin. Say there is a thread on announcement. As I have not been in that thread for I while I'm reading posts from February, when what I want is to see the latest developments.

Ta

that's how it is with the mobile skin.

There's a major new version of the forums software that will be available soon*, that I'm hoping will address issues such as this one, and because I know there's this major upgrade coming soon, I'm loathe to make changes to this version in case I screw it up.

(* I've been saying that for a while, I know. I can't make it happen)

that's how it is with the mobile skin.

There's a major new version of the forums software that will be available soon*, that I'm hoping will address issues such as this one, and because I know there's this major upgrade coming soon, I'm loathe to make changes to this version in case I screw it up.

(* I've been saying that for a while, I know. I can't make it happen)

I'm with ya man... Twas only a minor annoyance. Good work thanks matey

I've just looked to see if the new version has been released, and it seems that it has (they didn't tell me, the gits :P).

So I've just sent them a support request to check it's a release version and not a development version - I don't want to install shoddy code - and if it is then I'll start working towards getting it installed, which might take a while depending what changes there might be between the versions.

• 11 months later...
14 hours ago, davefrompompey said:

Hi

This is probably a stupid question - was the thing where clicking a topic took you to the first unread post removed? I'm on Android chrome and logged in, with cookies enabled, but selecting a topic always takes me to page 1. Is there a way for me to turn it back on?

Cheers

you need to click on the circle or star to the left of the topic title to go to the first unread post.

Clicking on the topic title will take you to the first post of that topic.