Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Where to camp?

camping

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Max Ruddock

Max Ruddock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Hi guys,

I know this probably seems like the same thread over and over again but...

There is a couple of us going down via car and planning to be there for 8am.. a few of the others are coming down by coach and won't actually be there till 2pm. I don't wanna be one of them people that hogs a massive space where people wanna camp (seeing as there's 9 of us and 5 tents!) - where's the best campsite to head to where we'll be able to keep some space without annoying others? I know the whole rule is the closer to the arena the busier, and I know Orange/Yellow will already be full - I was thinking Green or Red?

#2 Avens

Avens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

My vote is always with Brown. There'll be spaces and there's a great balance between fun and not being too mental. Bit of a trek to the arena but hey ho, you don't notice when you're pissed and you see more funny stuff on the long walk!

#3 Mega Ross

Mega Ross

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Definitely not red or green. Because their gates have wristband exchanges people tend to dump their stuff down there and then, they fill up quick.
Brown or white, although i wouldn't worry about annoying people. 45 of us this year, 4 gazebos, and 25 tents upwards, including a couple of bigguns. We are to be the outcasts of red camp for hogging all the space with our massive camp.

#4 Andy0808 v3.0

Andy0808 v3.0

Barely Legal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

so at 8am tomorrow chances are Orange camp is going to be completely full?

#5 GlastoOoOoOoO

GlastoOoOoOoO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Cheers for the advice on the Brown or White :)

#6 coxy99

coxy99

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

I managed to get a spot in red last year on the Friday evening...I am hoping tonight that there will be a few places free there as well. Its quiet and close to the main extrance.