Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Solfest 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 karlpowell

karlpowell

numpty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

Me and the family love solfest ,cant wait for this years :)

#22 puppetmode

puppetmode

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

I wanted to do something different whilst Glastonbury is off and went for Solfest. Not only that, I wanted to see a festival from a different angle so I am traffic stewarding for the ticket. 2 x 12 hour shifts doesn't mean it's an easy ticket though.
The line up is ok, but I am looking forward to chilling in a smaller festival.

#23 Nina frae Cumbria

Nina frae Cumbria

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Two years ago a band called Kitchie Wud opened the Saturday at midday on the main stage. It started with about 30 friends and family watching and soon swelled to over 120 people as people came from around the site, attracted by the music to hear this little known local band. This is what Solfest is about, its about hearing stuff you've never heard before, its about the street theatre, the numerous stalls selling wierd and wonderful things, the food stalls that won't cost a fortune, the sensible drink prices, the acoustic tent and Wierdigans, the artworks, the kids running about everywhere safely playing, the workshops, most of all its about the friendly laid back atmosphere.

This is what all festivals should be about.

Incidentally, stewarding is a great way to go to Solfest, you'll make lots of new friends with other stewards and have a tent where you can get a brew and chill out at anytime.

#24 puppetmode

puppetmode

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

Yes, this is exactly what I want from Solfest. I always hang around for bands Ive never heard. Makes my festival.
And looking forward to stewarding and if all goes well, I will spend a lot of next year doing just that

#25 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,297 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Solfest is lovely. :)

#26 MilkyJoe

MilkyJoe

I am worthy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:19 PM

Solfest is lovely. :)

final festival for me for this year. just 2 days left and the weather is a typical Cumbrian 'unsettled'! :beach: