Working at the festival?

Guest Gaz_EBbeer

I did CAT work and hated it, it was dull.

As for drinking on shift, you do get offered many a drink and cheeky smoke and it is increbily easy to join a camping group and open a beer and indluge for a while. you only have to report to the caravan every few hours so drinking is possible as is ditching your vest to nip into the arena.

I know someone pointed out that should an incident happen you should be with it, but we were told not to try and deal with any incidents, all we had to do was inform security. CAT jobs (when i went) were lilmited to carrying bags and putting up tents, however being quite girly i was crap at both!

I can safely say i would never work as a CAT again, or at a festival at all. It was hard work, long hours and just dull when everyone was piling into the arena to see a decent act why your stuck smoking a joint with some idiots outside listening to something u cant get to.

on that note, does anyone know when this years tickets og on sale?

Edited by fantomas

being under the influence is definitely not tolerated and can (and I think did happen this year) result in wristband removal.

as well as bag carrying/tent pitching, last year there was extinguishing fires, patrolling fire lanes, assisting emergency staff, giving out info to people, offering safety advice, and just being friendly.

it's great if there's not tonnes of bands you want to see; really enjoyed it last time and hope to return and do it all again! was fun doing latitude as a CAT too (though a quieter role), which you can do as well for no extra deposit.