WWE

Guest luckysalt

Pro Wrestling:

Wrestler of the Year Chris Jericho, Joe, CM Punk

Babyface of the Year Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, Jay Leathal

Heel of the Year Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Edge/Vickie

Character of the Year Chris Jericho, Santino, Beer Money Inc

Match of the Year Edge vs Taker at Wrestlemania (just for the finish), HBK vs Jerricho Unsanctioned match (the one where Jericho tied him up in this legs and repeatedly punched the hell out of him), Angle vs Joe (pseudo MMA match),

Card of the Year Mania, ROH Driven, Survivor Series (despite HHH vs Koslov)

Feud of the Year Orton vs Hardy, HBK vs Flair, Joe vs Angle

Angle/Segment of the Year John Cena's Return at the Royal Rumble, Ric Flair Retirement (inc Raw tribute show and Vince & Taker coming out post Raw), Scott Steiner promo on "the originals", Vince getting Rick Rolled (I know that's four, but couldn't decide between the last two)

Tag Team of the Year Motor City Machine Guns, Miz & Morrison, Kevin Steen and El Generico

Most Underrated Nigel McGuiness, Chris Sabin, MVP

Breakout Star of the Year Matt 'The Teacher' Striker (As a commentator), Evan Borune, Tyler Black (not strictly truly breakout, but it's the first time I've ever seen him)

Promotion of the Year WWE, ROH, TNA

Worst Wrestler of the Year

Khali, Rhaka Khan, Nash (for not wrestling),

Worst Match of the Year

Koslov vs HHH, Any of the Scrambles, JBL vs Cena in the parking lot brawl

Worst Feud of the Year JBL vs Jericho, Jay Leathal vs Sonjay Dutt for So Cal Val, Nash vs Joe

Most Overrated Sting, JBL, The TNA Ring

The MMA ones are going to take a bit more thinking about.

Edited by Halcyon

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might just add..... I dare say there should really be some japanese/lucha nominations in these lists, but i doubt any of us really get to see enough of it to really rate it.

Hiroshi Tanahashi in TNA for example has been excellent, and I hear Shinsuke Nakamura has been having good matches aswell. And then you've got people like Cibernetico and Mistico pulling bigger numbers in mexico than wwe ever have in usa.

might just add..... I dare say there should really be some japanese/lucha nominations in these lists, but i doubt any of us really get to see enough of it to really rate it.

Hiroshi Tanahashi in TNA for example has been excellent, and I hear Shinsuke Nakamura has been having good matches aswell. And then you've got people like Cibernetico and Mistico pulling bigger numbers in mexico than wwe ever have in usa.

• 2 weeks later...

rescued from page 5.

Anywho.... I can't believe no one has yet commented on the Joel Styles and JBL scuffle. Really is one of the greatest thing I've ever heard. The short version is that WWE have been on the Tribute to the Troops tour, and over the course of the trip JBL had been acting a total dick (like normal). He dumped a bucket of ice over Lillian Garcia as she was sleeping on the plane, and had been ribbing harassing Joel Styles both physically and emotionally. It all came to a head on the plane home when JBL was drunk, where there was a physical scuffle between him and Styles, with other wrestlers being forced to pull them apart. Story goes that JBL broke free and lunged at Styles, upon which Joey threw a punch at him, caught him square in the face and KNOCKED HIM FLAT ON HIS ARSE!

What an absolute hero!

Puts a new spin on his appearance at the 3hr raw on monday.... gets to come in, do his "oh my god" spot, and not get embarrassed in any way. Apparently JBL had a black and split eye, had to spend an unusual amount of time in makeup on monday, and kept a very low profile back stage.

Justice is served.... ecw stylee~!

Edited by Halcyon

rescued from page 5.

Anywho.... I can't believe no one has yet commented on the Joel Styles and JBL scuffle. Really is one of the greatest thing I've ever heard. The short version is that WWE have been on the Tribute to the Troops tour, and over the course of the trip JBL had been acting a total dick (like normal). He dumped a bucket of ice over Lillian Garcia as she was sleeping on the plane, and had been ribbing harassing Joel Styles both physically and emotionally. It all came to a head on the plane home when JBL was drunk, where there was a physical scuffle between him and Styles, with other wrestlers being forced to pull them apart. Story goes that JBL broke free and lunged at Styles, upon which Joey threw a punch at him, caught him square in the face and KNOCKED HIM FLAT ON HIS ARSE!

What an absolute hero!

Puts a new spin on his appearance at the 3hr raw on monday.... gets to come in, do his "oh my god" spot, and not get embarrassed in any way. Apparently JBL had a black and split eye, had to spend an unusual amount of time in makeup on monday, and kept a very low profile back stage.

Justice is served.... ecw stylee~!