Dream Line Ups for 2008

Guest Uncle Liam

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think bands like Razorlight, Kaiser Chiefs and the arctic monkeys are likely to be headliners for the friday as they seem to be dominating the british festival scene at the moment. But they haven't really cemented themselves completely.

For the Saturday headliner I hear Coldplay and REM are both working on albums for next year. Either of those bands would be a dream for me. They were both amazing on their tours in 2005. But they have appeared in the past so that might deter them from playing again.

Isle of Wight always seems to have a legendary performer...they've had Bowie, the who, rem, the rolling stones. We haven't heard from U2 in a while so I think they are a likely shot.

Few people have mentioned U2...................

Be nice to see bands like The Editors, Klaxons, Bloc Party etc etc at some point!

Ya know Sundays headliner will be big, whoever it is!

Long as the sunshine....I couldn't care less! :D

• 1 month later...

I can really see the Cure being one of the headliners next year.

My guess:

The Cure

Razorlight (if they haven't broken up....which they probably will)

The Police

2nd Headline

The Strokes

The Streets

Stereophonics

3rd Headline

Kanye West

Editors

Feeder

Probably get alot of Chart bothering stuff like Newton Faulkner and Robyn making an appearance as well. Hopefully there will be a 2nd stage this year as well, even if it's for Small bands, just to give everyone an option (that isn't the pub).

Edited by sledge450

I can really see the Cure being one of the headliners next year.

My guess:

The Cure

Razorlight (if they haven't broken up....which they probably will)

The Police

2nd Headline

The Strokes

The Streets

Stereophonics

3rd Headline

Kanye West

Editors

Feeder

Probably get alot of Chart bothering stuff like Newton Faulkner and Robyn making an appearance as well. Hopefully there will be a 2nd stage this year as well, even if it's for Small bands, just to give everyone an option (that isn't the pub).

It really is a frightening thought... who might be playing.

Although, at the end of the day I will go regardless. Its just the best damn festi so line up doesnt matter as far as I'm concerned.

Would prefer it if they avoided Madonna etc though!

The way I see it, there are only a few sweet months of Summer in this country of ours, and less and less each year aparantly. So, at the start of the year I pick out dates, events etc I want to go to.... and still, 4 years down the line I know I want to add more memories to my life from a weekend at the Izzle of Wizzle. Until kids etc start popping out of the wife its got to be done.

A festival abroad would be awesome, and in terms of line up I reckon you probably do get more for your money, but can you beat a weekend at the Isle of Wight?

Im just not sure....

The way I see it, there are only a few sweet months of Summer in this country of ours, and less and less each year aparantly. So, at the start of the year I pick out dates, events etc I want to go to.... and still, 4 years down the line I know I want to add more memories to my life from a weekend at the Izzle of Wizzle. Until kids etc start popping out of the wife its got to be done.

A festival abroad would be awesome, and in terms of line up I reckon you probably do get more for your money, but can you beat a weekend at the Isle of Wight?

Im just not sure....

id rather eat my own puke than watch razorlight....

you came close to doing that yourself though when you threw up on the first day :angry:

Erm... my weekend in Barca was pretty spectacular. Seeing bands until 6am, the night before and after the festie drinking in open squares until 2am. Cheap drinks. Not being in England...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In light of recent events, are there any more bands for the wishlists. Especially second-to-headline slots?

I'd really like to see Scouting For Girls at some point in the weekend. I know I'll get shot down in flames, but they're the catchiest summer style pop/light rock group I've heard in a long time. Some time on Saturday afternoon would be ideal. And Brian Wilson for Sunday legends (or a better slot), though I've probably already mention that.