Glamping

Due to an unplanned change of circumstances I will not be in the campervan this year. Not sure my old bones can cope with general camping, so does anybody have any experience of the glamping options? Is it worth it? Are the facilities better than general? Are you still expected to sh*t in a wheelie bin? etc. Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Hooskerdoo said:

Due to an unplanned change of circumstances I will not be in the campervan this year. Not sure my old bones can cope with general camping, so does anybody have any experience of the glamping options? Is it worth it? Are the facilities better than general? Are you still expected to sh*t in a wheelie bin? etc. Thanks.

I was in one of the Rockdom 4-6 man tents in Tangerine fields last year. We went for a pre pitched option as we were travelling from Ireland and wanted to travel light. We found it great. Arrived late on the Thursday so no fluting around with queues, the lads there were dead on, had us at our tent in seconds. Place was really quiet over the weekend, nice café sort of spot, showers great, loos alas same as everywhere else. 100 quid each for the weekend seemed like excellent value. We did bring our own sleeping bags and mats mind. Few minutes walk to all the fun. I'd defo do it again. 

• Thanks 1