Sunday night / Monday morning ferry

We are coming over from Southampton on the Sunday of IOW. Would like to get home immediately after the festival but there's not an awful lot of information. Got some questions if anyone can help:

• What time will the music finish? Is there a curfew?
  • Will there be enough time to get from the festival site to East Cowes for the 00:30 ferry? Is it pushing it? It's 5 miles.
  • It says on Red Funnel's website that 'Foot passenger tickets operate on a first come, first served basis. Times are shown as a guide and for ticketing purposes only – selecting a specific sailing does not guarantee a space.' Is it going to be a real rush to get those ferries?
  • I know it's not Glastonbury but is there anything going on overnight on Sunday/Monday after the music?

Cheers

Edited by tommycamino
Another question

19 hours ago, tommycamino said:

We are coming over from Southampton on the Sunday of IOW. Would like to get home immediately after the festival but there's not an awful lot of information. Got some questions if anyone can help:

• Will there be enough time to get from the festival site to East Cowes for the 00:30 ferry? Is it pushing it? It's 5 miles.
  • It says on Red Funnel's website that 'Foot passenger tickets operate on a first come, first served basis. Times are shown as a guide and for ticketing purposes only – selecting a specific sailing does not guarantee a space.' Is it going to be a real rush to get those ferries?
  • I know it's not Glastonbury but is there anything going on overnight on Sunday/Monday after the music?

Cheers

Heya, I can’t answer the vast majority of the questions as it’s my first IOW (failed to get Glasto tickets for the first time in like 10 years)…. Anyway! The one thing I have researched is what time things finish late night and it’s about midnight Thursday, 2am , Fri and Sat and then 1am Sunday night.

21 hours ago, tommycamino said:

Cheers

Looks like headliners finish around 11 for the main stage and run a little bit later for the big top so depends who you want to see. We’re attempting the same but there’s also a ferry at 1:30 worse case. I don’t see why there’d be an issue getting from the festival to the ferry after Green Day as you’ll have an hour and a half. Just depends on traffic I guess but there’s probably more campers than day tickets. Worth checking last years clashfinder to see timings and what else is going on in the early hours of Monday (if anything) but I think IOW is usually pretty chilled after the headliners and most things only stay open until like 1. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2024 at 10:11 AM, foolee said:

Looks like headliners finish around 11 for the main stage and run a little bit later for the big top so depends who you want to see. We’re attempting the same but there’s also a ferry at 1:30 worse case. I don’t see why there’d be an issue getting from the festival to the ferry after Green Day as you’ll have an hour and a half. Just depends on traffic I guess but there’s probably more campers than day tickets. Worth checking last years clashfinder to see timings and what else is going on in the early hours of Monday (if anything) but I think IOW is usually pretty chilled after the headliners and most things only stay open until like 1. 

Thanks. Looks like last year's Main Stage headliner finished by 11 but then the Big Top headliner was on until nearly midnight.