Glastonbury and medical conditions

Crazyfool01

7 hours ago, Simsy said:

I think you can get notifications from the official app to remind you when something's on. I haven't used them, but could be easier than trying to read the set times

Or indeed - one of the most useful and yet overlooked features of Clashfinder (the Desktop version, anyway) is that it has the option to export to Google / Apple Calendars so you can easily use the functionality built into your phone.

Hi all, has anyone ever done Glasto with POTs? Last time I went in 2019 I didn't have POTs and now I do and I am a bit concerned about how my body is going to cope, especially if it is incredibly hot again. Does anyone have any recs on good shady areas/ places you can get lucozade (in big volumes!) there/ if this would be accepted as an access need? Thank you!

3 hours ago, Hevv said:

Hi all, has anyone ever done Glasto with POTs? Last time I went in 2019 I didn't have POTs and now I do and I am a bit concerned about how my body is going to cope, especially if it is incredibly hot again. Does anyone have any recs on good shady areas/ places you can get lucozade (in big volumes!) there/ if this would be accepted as an access need? Thank you!

The only people qualified to answer if you would be accepted to use the Accessible Facilities is Nimbus. Firstly you need to apply for either an Access Card or Glastonbury Access Pass, see the links in my post below. They are vetting all applications this year so without an Access card or Glastonbury Access pass you can't apply.

If they approve your application you can then apply to use the Accessible Facilities and Campsite, also in the link below.

The Co-op will probably sell Lucozade but I don't know what volume. Probably only cans as they have to follow the no glass or plastic bottles can be sold on site rule, as do all stalls.

Shade is plentiful in the Theatre & Circus tents, likewise in Woodsies, Acoustic and Avalon stages. There are also calm zones available via the Accessible Facilities. Good luck! 🤞🏻

On 3/25/2024 at 4:59 PM, StoneCircle said:

I have used the Accessible Facilities since 2011, you will need to register with the Accessible Team to do this - further information on registering can be found here - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/access-information/

New this year (proof of your disability is required) you also have to register with Nimbus and obtain either a Nimbus Card - £15 for 3 years or a Nimbus Glastonbury Pass which is free. further information can be found here - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/access-information/registering-to-use-the-accessible-facilities-onsite/ 

***The deadline for Access Applications is the 30th April 2024, however I would recommend people submitted these earlier to avoid missing out on facilities.

And a reminder that the access facilities are not for people with temporary impairments such as broken bones, healing wounds or woman who are pregnant.

Unfortunately, the Festival cannot offer closer parking, reserve camping or assistance getting on/ off and around the site to people with temporary impairments.

Happy to answer any questions about the facilities offered, Spring Ground campsite or East Accessible Campervan Area as I have stayed in both. I have also volunteered in the Accessible Marquee with Oxfam Festival Stewards. 😊

Edited by StoneCircle